Sights and Paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK, I've decided to paint the three dot sights on my Beretta 92. I'm going to go with Testor's model paint. What I'd like to ask you guys is what colors do you recommend? Orange/Green/Orange is what I've been thinking.

Any suggestions?

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do white underneath first, if you use a color. I prefer contrasting colors. They don't wash out two dimensionally. Fingernail polish also works well. Fishing jig paint. Something with enamel. Again, use white underneath if you use a color.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
big fan of orange after trying several others. I also like to coat with a clear afterwards and after each cleaning. the cleaner tends to take off the top coat.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Different suggestion here. I use acrylic paints (like the Apple brand at Hobby Lobby - comes in little plastic bottles). It is extremely bright, last a surprising amount of time, and is easy to remove and replace if it gets dirty, or if I change my mind and want a different color. Cleans off with a couple quick swipes of a patch and solvent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom