SilencerCo Thowing Their Weight Behind Oklahoma Suppressor Legislation!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good news! SilencerCo is supporting Oklahoma SB 1243 to allow suppressors for hunting on private land in OK! (I know, it would have been better if it were for all land, but it;s a step in the right direction.)

Remember this when you consider your next suppressor purchase! :)

http://www.silencerco.com/blog/?p=384

OKLAHOMA SUPRESSOR BILL PASSES A CRITICAL HURDLE
Written by Silencerco on February 28, 2012 — Leave a Comment
2/27/2012

American Silencer Association lobbyist Todd Rathner was in Oklahoma today working on SB1743 The Landowner’s Hunting Freedom Act sponsored By Senator Steve Russell, which would legalize the use of suppressors for hunting on private land in Oklahoma. The same measure failed in committee last week for lack of a “second”.

After working closely with NRA Manager of Hunting Policy, Darren LaSorte Todd reports that SB1743 passed out of the Agriculture and Rural Development Committee 10 – 1 with the lone dissenting vote being Senator Charles Wyrick.

This is a great turn of events for suppressor owners and gun owners in general, however it’s far from over SB1743 must still pass the full senate, then the Oklahoma house, and be signed by Governor Fallin.

It is critical to do two things right now, first call or email the senators who voted yes in committee today and THANK them! Then call your senator and ask him or her to vote YES on SB1743, and vote YES to “restore the title” of SB1743, when the bill comes to the senate floor in the coming days.

If you live in Oklahoma or you travel there for business or pleasure, please email and call these senators today to say THANK YOU for voting YES on SB1743:

Senator Eddie Fields (R-10), Chairman
(405) 521-5581
[email protected]

Senator Ron Justice (R-23), Vice Chairman
(405) 521-5537
[email protected]

Senator Mark Allen (R-4)
(405) 521-5576
[email protected]

Senator Patrick Anderson (R-19)
(405) 521-5630
[email protected]

Senator Don Barrington (R-31)
(405) 521-5563
[email protected]

Senator Randy Bass (D-32)
(405) 521-5567
[email protected]

Senator Jerry Ellis (D-5)
(405) 521-5614
[email protected]

Senator Ivester (D-26)
(405) 521-5545
[email protected]

Senator Frank Simpson (R-14)|
(405) 521-5607
[email protected]

Senator Anthony Sykes (R-24)
(405) 521-5569
[email protected]

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://nraila.org/legislation/state...passes-senate-committee-today.aspx?s=&st=&ps=
Oklahoma Landowner’s Hunting Freedom Act Passes Senate Committee Today
Posted on February 27, 2012
....."NRA-backed Senate Bill 1743 passed in the state Senate Agriculture and Rural Development Committee today by a 10 to 1 vote. Known as the “Landowner’s Hunting Freedom Act," SB 1743 is authored by state Senator Steve Russell (R-45) and would allow Oklahoma landowners and their guests to use lawfully-possessed suppressors (also referred to as silencers) on firearms for hunting.".....

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really think SilencerCo is behind it purely for the principle. Obviously this means they will sell more suppressors. Conflict of interest if you ask me. Well not really, doing this is nothing but good for them but you get what I am saying. Surprised there aren't more suppressor mfg's supporting the movement.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really think SilencerCo is behind it purely for the principle. Obviously this means they will sell more suppressors. Conflict of interest if you ask me. Well not really, doing this is nothing but good for them but you get what I am saying. Surprised there aren't more suppressor mfg's supporting the movement.

Certainly not a conflict of interest here. It's good for the company and it's consumers. Win, win. It's just rare to see industry support at the state level from a manufacturer headquartered out of state.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great news, but now wait for "Big Hearing Protection" to throw their lobby against it. I'm so sick of politics and politicians.

Some days, I'd give up my Blackberry, computer, car and everything up just to go back 200 years and live free. George Washington didn't have anyone crawling up his a$$ with restrictions. Actually we wouldn't even have to go back that far...

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad it was the Land owners and their guests version. You people that don't hunt land that you own can't be trusted by your legislature to do it on public land quietly. It's for the children.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Certainly not a conflict of interest here. It's good for the company and it's consumers. Win, win. It's just rare to see industry support at the state level from a manufacturer headquartered out of state.

The other four states that have been pushing legislation similar to this have had lots of backing from both in-state and out-of-state dealers and manufacturers. It just took longer to get the support in Oklahoma than other states. If Oklahoma had the support earlier in the process, it is possible that we could have got the public land option.

Every other state also got the NRA involved a lot earlier and had NRA-ILA emails sent out very early in the process. I think the first Oklahoma email came out very close or after the bill getting passed over for a vote in the first committee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom