sks question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobthebrewer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just purchased an sks and would like to ask if anyone can help me in determining what kind it is. its a norinco, the factory mark is the rectangle with 0221 in it. the serial that is stamped on the bolt and the receiver is 00XXX. any assistance would be welcomed. thanks in advance :hithead:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your SKS is not readily datable. The serial number you referenced is actually the last 5 digits of the full serial number which is located on the left side of the receiver. If it is all matching, it will have the 5 digits on the bolt carrier (external), the bolt (internal), the bottom of the magazine, the bottom of the trigger guard and the back of the receiver cover.

Rectangle 0221 just signifies one of the many outlying factories/shops which built these rifles.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you already got the norinco, what are you wanting to know exactly? imho the norinco is the best finished and are an excellent rifle. Commercial rifles for the most part, though there are military ones out there. If you got longer than a 16.5 inch barrel is a standard sks, if it is closer to 16" then it is a paratrooper or cowboy companion. Norinco's have a chrome lined bore, which I think is a Plus. http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?board=7.0 is a decent source of info. Now just to find a sufficient amount of ammo to shoot and you are in biz.

Latest posts

Top Bottom