Small single stack pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some odd reason I've been thinking about the Glock 42 a lot recently.
I'm not quite sure though if it would be worth it.
I also like Walther's new CCP and PPS (Preferably in .40S&W)
Saying that I also am a bit interested in the Taurus 709, but since it's a Taurus I'm kinda "iffy" on it. The one I handled seemed to be perfectly in check nut still yet ain't sure.
So if someone could tell me what a nice, small single stack pistol would be that would be helpful.
Plus if anyone has any experience with some of these that I've mentioned, please give me info and photos on them.
Oh, nothing Kel-Tec though, IMHO I don't like anything they make besides that Sub2000 folding rifle thingy. :P

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Kahr PM9, Sig 938, in 9mm. Kahr 380, Sig 238, Taurus 738, in .380. I carry the PM9 EDC, the Sig 238 light clothing EDC. I have not had any problems with any of the guns I have. Like and shoot them all. Just got the Kahr cw380 and breaking it in. It will probably be my light clothing EDC. I like both Kahrs as they are double action and Kahr has really good triggers.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my XDs. It's not the smallest out there, but it's great for IWB carry, is large enough to be fun to shoot at the range and is more accurate than I am. Kahr also comes highly recommended by many, but I haven't shot one. I held one and the XDs and PPS (only held this one too)are much more comfortable in the hand.

mikear

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry my PPS 9mm in a Crossbreed Supertuck (IWB). It's very comfortable and I hardly notice it's there. The thinness does not equate to discomfort when shooting. They make 6, 7, and 8 round magazines for 9mm. I carry it with the 7 round mag and an 8 round in the pocket.

I also like the mag release under the trigger guard and the firing pin that protrudes as the trigger is pulled. You can place your thumb on the pin when reholstering and would feel if the trigger got snagged and started to be pulled. It also acts as a chamber indicator. It sits flush with the back of the slide when a round is chambered and is painted red for easy recognition.

It is also very accurate with all Walmart FMJ ammo I've fed it.

Reaction score
I have been carrying a Springfield XD-S in 45ACP with one of my Crossroad Holsters and it is so comfortable I literally have checked to make sure it was still there. The XD-S is fairly accurate for what it is, but like most single stacks is lacking in the capacity department. Pros are that it is easy concealed and sends a 230 grain projectile down range.

I also recently purchased a Glock 42 and despite its small size performed much better than I anticipated.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have had all the Kahrs in 9, 40 and 45 they are great pistols and I do miss them. Right now I have a pair of Shields in 9mm. One has all the Apex parts and is amazing as far as trigger goes. The other has a trigger job from Accurate Arms and is just plain sweet. I was bitten by the 380 bug and had a Kahr, just won't trust my life to a 380. As far as the Glock 42 goes I can carry a 9 or 40 as easy as I can carry the 42.

Latest posts

Top Bottom