Smartphone ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlg1444

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only good thing about an I phone is that it's user friendly and that it links up with iTunes which I like, but that's it. Samsung is coming out with better and smarter phones. If apple doesn't change their ways and improve what they started I see them losing a lot of customers, and I'm one of them. I've have been an apple guy for a while now and I'm starting to think about making the switch over to the dark side.

JustPlainStrange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only good thing about an I phone is that it's user friendly and that it links up with iTunes which I like, but that's it. Samsung is coming out with better and smarter phones. If apple doesn't change their ways and improve what they started I see them losing a lot of customers, and I'm one of them. I've have been an apple guy for a while now and I'm starting to think about making the switch over to the dark side.
Do it, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. I wasn't.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Note 2...

i can get almost 2 days of battery life out of it depending how I used it...

Can do more advanced functions with it that I used to be able to do with my JB iphone...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything with "i" in front is bad. iPhone, iPad, iPeed.

I'm liking this woman more and more. Partly because I agree with her. Anything associated with Apple is very proprietary. They have been that way since the very first Apple computer. If you hook up to I-tunes and listen a lot, how long would the battery last?

I will be watching this thread for a bit yet because we can "upgrade" in July. I currently have a Motorola Droid X2, but it is too big and bulky. (At the time, I didn't want to spend the bucks for the "then new" Lazr. Last time I was in the Verizon store, I liked the looks of the Galaxy, but I don't remember just what model it was.

Keep bringing on the information, and thanks.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently dumped the iturd for a GSIII. I like it so much better. I sold my iturd4 to a buddy and had to reset it for him. After just having my GS3 for a few days, I couldn't read that tiny little baby screen. Plus, the GS3 is now like $38 with ATT because the GS4 just came out.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the reasons I hated the iTurd is becuase of iTunes. It sux so much. It is hard to use, it jacks up all your music and makes it difficult to access. I am not computer illiterate either, I used to be a hug apple fan, but the iphone ruined that company for me. Beside, they sue everyone who makes something that competes with them. they are anti-free market, that alone should turn every person on this board off of Apple.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the S4 is out now, S3 prices are coming down. I have an S3 and its pretty awesome. After using it, I wonder how all you iphone people deal with that microscopic screen...not to mention itunes (gross).

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a note 2 and my wife has a GS3. We both love our phones, but I like mine a little more. I get more better life and I have a few more toys on the phone than she does. However, you really feel like an ass talking on the Note 2 for the first few days because you feel like you're holding a shoe to your head. It feels gigantic until you get used to it. I also rarely use the built in extras (split screen, stylus, etc), but I like to have them when I want them. The Note 2's battery is gigantic and I get about a day and a half to two days out of it with moderate internet usage, both 4g and wifi. I use no battery saving measures...probably the opposite actually. I keep the screen on max bright, the wifi on, auto sync on and I work in a place with bad signal. It's always fighting to reacquire signal and drains faster. My wife gets about a day, maybe a little more, out of hers with similar settings.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of the options, the S III. Battery life on all of them will depend on use. If you leave your wifi on all the time, gps on, constantly use the web, etc. Easy way to save life is to keep wifi, gps, and auto sync of all apps disabled until you want to use that feature. Also,turning off auto sync saves on your data plan as well. Of course, if your intent is to get all your e-mails on your phone you would want to keep the sync feature on.

I'm cheap and have AT&T's cheapest data plan, so I keep auto sync off.

WiFi doesn't use a lot of battery, especially compared to the mobile data antenna (which is separate from mobile voice). GPS is a hog, though.

I have one monitoring-related app that syncs every 60 seconds, email for several accounts every 2 minutes, and I keep IRC up nearly 24/7 on my phone, in addition to the normal things like Hootsuite and Facebook syncing every 5 minutes - I still see 30+ hours of battery life.

I use the Tasker app to handle all of that, though. I connect to known WiFi, and the mobile data goes off. I disconnect and it comes back on. I connect to the church's WiFi and the phone also goes into silent mode. GPS only comes on when Foursquare, Yelp, Google Maps, or Navigation is open. The only time mobile data comes on while WiFi is on is to download a multimedia text message.

Also, when doing my 4.5 hour mow, streaming Spotify results in a very small drop in battery time.

I have an S3. I won't buy Apple products.

Latest posts

Top Bottom