Smartphone ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get an iPhone. There's nothing better. Those that say android is... Either have never had an iPhone.. Can't afford an iPhone. Or just hate apple so much they would lie...

Everyone I know who has went from android to apple never go back. And wonder why they wasted time on the android.

scha2707

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Google Nexus 4 and it can be bought unlocked from the Google Play Store for $299 or $350 depending on the storage capacity you get. This phone can be taken to almost any carrier and you will not have to extend your contract by upgrading through the carrier.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only good thing about an I phone is that it's user friendly and that it links up with iTunes which I like, but that's it. Samsung is coming out with better and smarter phones. If apple doesn't change their ways and improve what they started I see them losing a lot of customers, and I'm one of them. I've have been an apple guy for a while now and I'm starting to think about making the switch over to the dark side.

You'll hate it. And you'll be back. I've bashed iPhones non stop for ages. Love my iPhone 5. But I also have a MacBook pro for mobile computing and an iPad. Linux is cool I coulda just retasked an old laptop to use Ubuntu but even that is a greater level of tinkering than I want in my personal gear. Android was a non stop issue my wife always ran an OEM rom and we had nothing but horrible luck. I ran cyanogenmod on mine after I was sick of OEM issues and it was better but still not as smooth and effortless as the experience with the 5 and iOS 6 so far.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Applites that say they love their iphone have never experienced the glory of freedom from iTunes.

My GS3 is a better phone, has a better camera, is a wifi hotspot without having to pay the extra fee for it, has expandable storage, is more durable and just plain better. As I said, I used to love Apple, but they are a horrible company. they are the bullies of the industry.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the S3 and my wife has the Note 2 (and got rid of an iphone 5 to get it)

I was an iphone guy from the day it came out but was so unimpressed with the iphone5 that I started looking. After having the S3 I could never go back to such a tiny screen and feature limited phone.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
iPhone has a lot going for it if you're willing to lock yourself into a contract with the Apple world. T-Mobile + Samsung + Android + Pay As You Go Prepaid is the way I went and I'm really glad I did. You pay for the phone up front, but that and a prepaid plan is still way less expensive than a contract. I read somewhere that T-Mobile will be offering an iPhone with with prepaid. All in all a $200 phone + prepay is a good place to be over 2 or 3 years. Saved me a bundle.

DamnYankeeOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the S3 and my wife has the Note 2 (and got rid of an iphone 5 to get it)

I was an iphone guy from the day it came out but was so unimpressed with the iphone5 that I started looking. After having the S3 I could never go back to such a tiny screen and feature limited phone.

"feature limited phone" says all you need to know about the iPhone.

gullzway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't see that the OP stated what carrier they were on. I have a GS3 on Sprint and it's hands down the best phone I have used. If you ARE on Sprint, I would get a GS3 as it is only one of 3 phones that can do 3G data and voice calls simultaneously, it's Free, and Sprint 4g doesn't look to be coming to OK anytime soon. The GS4 and Note 2 can not do 3G data and voice at the same time.

gullzway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I left Sprint for Verizon a year ago, Sprint had 4G throughout most of OKC and even in several rural towns...

Maybe on their WiMAX, but they have abandoned that for LTE, which may not be here until next year. If I wasn't in an old $30/month plan I would have left long ago

Latest posts

Top Bottom