Smell of a deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
lol, found the google cache version of the site from June 9. There is it plain as day.

link gore because apparently tinyurl doesn't work for googlecache?

https://webcache.googleusercontent....g+shot+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=opera
View attachment 279818
for everyone saying "it's just a mistake" there are at least THREE "mistakes" on that site.

THEN
after ordering once the "mistakes" were NOTICED, there was no informing the buyer, the order was merely sent out and considered fulfilled. that means the order the guys at the warehouse pulled off the shelf and packed WAS NOT the order that buyers placed. which means the invoices were updated in the warehouse, but not to the buyer. then just shipped out and considered done.

that
is
fraud?

absolute BS.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for everyone saying "it's just a mistake" there are at least THREE "mistakes" on that site.

THEN
after ordering once the "mistakes" were NOTICED, there was no informing the buyer, the order was merely sent out and considered fulfilled. that means the order the guys at the warehouse pulled off the shelf and packed WAS NOT the order that buyers placed. which means the invoices were updated in the warehouse, but not to the buyer. then just shipped out and considered done.

that
is
fraud?

absolute BS.
I get mistakes happen but you are 1000% correct. They should have contacted everyone and advised of the error and given options.

I have bought several guns from Buds in the past. No more for me. Especially (as I previously shared) since when I called all they wanted was to credit me $7 in shipping.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent “Krista” another message, and now I wait again.
”I got the bait and switch ammo, so you can send me a return shipping label now. I will expect a full refund including shipping and tax.

Just so you know, I’m posting my bad experience on every gun and hunting message board I’m on, and it appears y’alls reputation isn’t good already.”

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

THEN

that
is
fraud?

absolute BS.
Here are the elements of fraud from legal-dictionary.com fraud

"Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of a material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim as a result."

(3) is going to be a problem, as you'll have to prove intent (I said that earlier). (5) might be a problem, since they are incurring a LOT of expense in having the product returned to them. (2) might be a problem, if the defendant is the company and the person making the untrue statement is an employee, and the mistake is on the part of the employee.

They definitely made some big mistakes, and it appears they haven't handled it very well, and if it makes you feel better it's going to cost them a lot of money in shipping costs (both ways) and they'll lose a lot of customers. Are you justified in being pissed off? Sure. Should you continue to do business with them? Up to you, I wouldn't blame you if you don't. But the question you keep raising, is it fraud... legally... probably not.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Here are the elements of fraud from fraud

"Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of a material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim as a result."

(3) is going to be a problem, as you'll have to prove intent (I said that earlier). (5) might be a problem, since they are incurring a LOT of expense in having the product returned to them. (2) might be a problem, if the defendant is the company and the person making the untrue statement is an employee.

They definitely made some big mistakes, and it appears they haven't handled it very well, and if it makes you feel better it's going to cost them a lot of money in shipping costs (both ways) and they'll lose a lot of customers. Are you justified in being pissed off? Sure. Should you continue to do business with them? Up to you, I wouldn't blame you if you don't. But the question you keep raising, is it fraud... legally... probably not.
we don't know how much expense they are losing by sending the product back given that everyone just ordered some that otherwise wouldn't have. Like i said, if a massive bill was due or they needed to make a large purchase, they could have easily done so with everyone's money they had for a few days.

AND

none of the added cost would have been necessary if they would have just notified the buyer that the website was wrong. I have had this happen countless times, i even posted an email i got from a company that did that just a few weeks ago. basically said "sorry, the website was wrong. we won't ship your order incomplete, we CAN, but we won't until you tell us what you want to do".

i'm sure this could have been idiots on idiots but like i said if they made a large purchase or paid a large bill i would bet the farm they did this on purpose. proving things in court is dumb, i get it.

but this seems......very intentional. even if 1/10th of the people don't get pissed enough to send it back....you just made sales that otherwise you wouldn't have made.....

you know not EVERYONE is going to send it back. is it fraud if i make 1,000 sales based off an incorrect ad, ship out what i consider to be the "correct" order, and 100 people decide to just keep it? how many times can i run that scheme before it becomes fraud?

Latest posts

Top Bottom