Smith 5906, Did I get ripped off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is important to inspect every weapon you buy, even brand new from a reputable store.
I am not a fan of asking for money back on a private party deal for any kind of purchase, you NEED to inspect items, if there are not acceptable then you have the right not to purchase or go thru with any deal.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liegthton posted up a link about 2-3 years ago for some of those in the low $200.
Seems like 230ish, I bought two and they are dang fine guns.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i bought one for $300 + $30 S&H about 1.5 years ago.

but i got took on a glock 17. here is what i think happened. saw one in the case, used, looked at it, not a mark on it, asked for a pretty good deal and he agreed. he took the gun to the back of the store and packed it in one of those cheap black cases. when i got home the grip was pretty scratched up like someone drug it over gravel.

i called him back and he said 'did you drop it', i say 'or course not, i just got it out of the case', he says well i don't know what to tell you.

i thought i just overlooked some pretty deep and ugly scratches on one side of the grip. but i guess i am a pretty trusting guy and never thought someone would do something like this. Now, I think he did.

Chocobo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah just look at it as lesson learned. It happened to me before. I bought a false advertised gun before and end up loosing some money. What can you do you know since it's a private transaction. The seller even promised that he'll take the gun back if it wasn't what's advertised then didn't honor his words.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I tell you one thing I've learned, this rule don't just apply to gun buying. It ain't the deals I made that matter, it's the deals I didn't do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom