Smith & Wesson 4003...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, while on my way to the nervous hospital in Vinita, to pick up a prisoner, I stopped by a pawn shop and fondled a Smith & Wesson "Tactical" model 4003TSW. It was marked "Atlanta Police" so it was obviously an LE trade in. It felt so good in my hand, I damn near traded my Glock 23 I was carrying at the time for it. If the guy woulda had some leather for the little S&W, I probably would have!

Does anybody own one of these, or have you owned one before? What was your likes/dislikes about it.

Your comments are valued and appreciated...thanks! :thumb:

Punisher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW over 600 views and no one has an opinion on this gun?

Im in the same boat as Glock em down. I looked at many many guns recently, and the police used 4003tsw felt like it was made for my hand. too bad at the time I didnt have the funds. Now that I do, I would like more info on them before I drop that kind of coin.

Someone must know a thing or two about these.... Come on let us know.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yesterday, while on my way to the nervous hospital in Vinita, to pick up a prisoner, I stopped by a pawn shop and fondled a Smith & Wesson "Tactical" model 4003TSW. It was marked "Atlanta Police" so it was obviously an LE trade in. It felt so good in my hand, I damn near traded my Glock 23 I was carrying at the time for it. If the guy woulda had some leather for the little S&W, I probably would have!

Does anybody own one of these, or have you owned one before? What was your likes/dislikes about it.

Your comments are valued and appreciated...thanks! :thumb:

The first run of S&W 4006's(All steel) were plauged with accuracy issues, nothing really bad. Its just when departments went from other S&W third gen guns to the 4006 accuracy was not as good as the 9MM, and .45ACP gun's. Improvements have been made, and the latter 4006's and 4003 TSW guns are on par or better than the 9mm, and .45ACP guns they replaced. My opinion only, but I have no use for the .40SW or the .357SIG round. To me they were a fix for a problem that wasn't there.

As to the 3rd Generation S&W's I think they are one of the finest series of pistols to ever come from S&W.

Punisher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Ive looked at both the 4043 and 4053 at the link above. However, I can not find much info on them. But I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

One more thing. I too have seen the lazer engraved Atlanta Police guns on the net, and wondered what kind of issues one will encounter when dealing with the po po with a gun engraved like this. Or is there something that can be done to remove or cover up the engraving.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW over 600 views and no one has an opinion on this gun?

Im in the same boat as Glock em down. I looked at many many guns recently, and the police used 4003tsw felt like it was made for my hand. too bad at the time I didnt have the funds. Now that I do, I would like more info on them before I drop that kind of coin.

Someone must know a thing or two about these.... Come on let us know.

Damn, back from the dead.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Ive looked at both the 4043 and 4053 at the link above. However, I can not find much info on them. But I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

One more thing. I too have seen the lazer engraved Atlanta Police guns on the net, and wondered what kind of issues one will encounter when dealing with the po po with a gun engraved like this. Or is there something that can be done to remove or cover up the engraving.
Just put " I LOVE THE " in front of it

Latest posts

Top Bottom