Smith & Wesson 4003...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thanks to this thread,a need for a new 45, LDP, GED and the fact that i can't say NO... i bought a 4566 and a 4053 this weekend. i'll send you all the bill from the divorce attorney!

Punisher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You didn't do well, you stole that one!!! Congratulations!! Buy lots of mags an ammo.

Ya think so?? I dont know anything about pricing. I just know that it was 10 bucks more then the 4003's he had on the table.

I have finally gotten to shoot it. And if I may say so myself, I didnt do that bad.. The 9 shot groups are pretty close together. Both strong (left) and weak handed. Ya gotta remember, I have never shot a .40cal before. Altho I have carried and shot a .45cal while in the army many many years ago. and I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with that.

.38 wheel gun, and 9mm I am pretty good with. but I wanted something bigger then a 9mm. Thats why I went with the 40cal.

Now I need to get to the range for an extended time and really KILL that piece of paper!!!!

I did find out that brother in-law has a S&W 410 that he has NEVER shot. The thing is like 10 years old and BRAND NEW!! Im gonna get him to the range too.

Here is a pic of the target, and the two together.

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j83_Punisher102_0_IMAGE_00185.jpg

Head shot, left handed 20 or 25 feet, (i cant remember which)
Neck and upper right (just off the shoulder 6 shots) right handed 15 foot
center mass left handed 15 feet and bottom right left handed quick fire.

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j83_Punisher102_IMG_0003.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j83_Punisher102_IMG_0004.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ya think so?? I dont know anything about pricing. I just know that it was 10 bucks more then the 4003's he had on the table.

I have finally gotten to shoot it. And if I may say so myself, I didnt do that bad.. The 9 shot groups are pretty close together. Both strong (left) and weak handed. Ya gotta remember, I have never shot a .40cal before. Altho I have carried and shot a .45cal while in the army many many years ago. and I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with that.

.38 wheel gun, and 9mm I am pretty good with. but I wanted something bigger then a 9mm. Thats why I went with the 40cal.

Now I need to get to the range for an extended time and really KILL that piece of paper!!!!

I did find out that brother in-law has a S&W 410 that he has NEVER shot. The thing is like 10 years old and BRAND NEW!! Im gonna get him to the range too.

Here is a pic of the target, and the two together.

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j83_Punisher102_0_IMAGE_00185.jpg

Head shot, left handed 20 or 25 feet, (i cant remember which)
Neck and upper right (just off the shoulder 6 shots) right handed 15 foot
center mass left handed 15 feet and bottom right left handed quick fire.

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j83_Punisher102_IMG_0003.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j83_Punisher102_IMG_0004.jpg

OK, Little history lesson. The 4013 in DA/SA came in four standard factory models. The first was a single stack built on the same frame as the 4516. The next was similar to yours but not marked TSW, then there is yours marked TSW without a rail, last but not least is the model marked TSW with the rail. Then inbetween all this are special models from the performance center i.e. "Shorty Forty", and all the different DAO models, and the CS40.

Punisher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, Little history lesson. The 4013 in DA/SA came in four standard factory models. The first was a single stack built on the same frame as the 4516. The next was similar to yours but not marked TSW, then there is yours marked TSW without a rail, last but not least is the model marked TSW with the rail. Then inbetween all this are special models from the performance center i.e. "Shorty Forty", and all the different DAO models, and the CS40.

Damn Sarg, I was wondering about the rail.. I did notice that mine not only didnt have it, but that the frame with the rail was even cast different. What else can ya tell me about these??

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Damn Sarg, I was wondering about the rail.. I did notice that mine not only didnt have it, but that the frame with the rail was even cast different. What else can ya tell me about these??

Your's like the rest I mentioned, are transitional models, as to the way they changed up the frame to be able to put on a rail doesn't have anything to do with the platform as a whole. I've run into lots of guys who removed the rail, just didn't care for the way the looked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom