Smith & Wesson 952

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the blued models before they went to stainless. Heard that they are a little tighter not worrying about stainless galling. Have not shot it, is in a collection of mine. May post it in the classified after the holidays and downsize the Un-fired Performance Center collection then get some shooters.

ARG

Reaction score
I think they're the best-looking high-end 9mm ever made. Good quality, too. I'd get one before an X-5 or a P210.

Thank you for posting that pic of the longslide one. I'd never seen that one before. Although it's not *quite* as pretty as the standard one, I'd bet you could do some bullseye eliminating with the sight radius on it.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they're the best-looking high-end 9mm ever made. Good quality, too. I'd get one before an X-5 or a P210.

Thank you for posting that pic of the longslide one. I'd never seen that one before. Although it's not *quite* as pretty as the standard one, I'd bet you could do some bullseye eliminating with the sight radius on it.

Funny how different people are. I like the longer slide better myself, same goes for their long barreled Model 41. Maybe it's just because it makes the gun more unique. If (big if) I were to get a 952, it would have to be the long slide.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you ever get into 39 series pistols... the lock work is similar to the Walter P38... the rest of the gun really looks like a hodgepodge of Browning ideas that morped into other makes of guns over time.

Part or parcel... the ideas of JMB show up every time a gun is engineered for the last 90 years.