Smith & Wesson M&P 9 opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to their rep who posts on AR15.com, you can use coupon code AR15COM to get 15% off. It appears this stacks on top of the $398 sale price and then the rebate if applicable.

That puts it at only $338 plus s/h + transfer fee. Cheaper if you can use the rebate. Ridiculous.

Called them this morning, they wouldn't go for it.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
M&P 9 - thumbs up. Have one. Love it. No problems except with the factory sight. I guess the white part of it is a plastic insert or something like that? It popped out of the hole after about 300 rounds. Have to get it back up where I bought it to see if they will fix it. Very nice shooter.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M&P 9 - thumbs up. Have one. Love it. No problems except with the factory sight. I guess the white part of it is a plastic insert or something like that? It popped out of the hole after about 300 rounds. Have to get it back up where I bought it to see if they will fix it. Very nice shooter.

Mine fell out too after a couple hundred rounds. I plan to paint it myself.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, so where is the cheapest place to pick up a 9c right now? I have my CC license arriving in a couple of weeks so I'd like to pick up a 9C?
Thanks,
Jonny

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On pure price the QT deal listed in the OP is by far the best deal.

Outside of the Quantico deal, this is the next cheapest I had found: http://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/smith-wesson/mp-compact-pistol-9mm-3.5in-12rd-black-nil/ But out of stock, need to pay cash to get "discount," and I have heard nothing about this dealer (good or bad).

Also of note Bud's is $478 with free shipping if you pay with cash.

I would probably buy local before I did Bud's or Tombstone as dealing with shipping and paying with a money order and picking up from an FFL is bothersome to me. For the small difference I can walk in to Sports World (or OPS or Sooner or Medlock your gun store of choice), and walk out with a gun. No shipping no wait and no credit card surcharge.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the M&P and for that price I would pull the trigger. I prefer the XD line to the M&P but the Glock the least. No Glock hate they just don't work for me.

I haven't shoot a M&P with a trigger job so I've only used the factory mush.