Smokeless tobacco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped smoking 10 years ago, different but the same. Sunflower seeds until my cheeks and tongue were raw and went to sams and bought a ton of that crappy double bubble gum. Driving was the worst for me, I lived in St.Loius them and traffic with no smoke was horrible, but make your mind up and don't go back.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Food starting to taste good kept me off tobacco once I made it past a couple weeks. Sex became better, too. Then there is the money. There are other incentives, but those three were enough for me. That, and realizing that if I could live without Olivia Newton John for a lover, I could live without tobacco.

I've been smoke free now for longer than I smoked. Knowing that I was smoking my life away was another incentive. Honestly? I think the sex thing was the biggest incentive. Instead of a smoke after sex, just have more sex.

Woody

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit cigs cold turkey in 1984 . Started smoking in late 50's. I put my money in the machine thought I am not doing this any more .Hit return button put the money back in my pocket.Never bought an other one.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took me several attempts to quit dipping. Weaning didn't work, so finally I quit cold turkey. That was almost a year ago. At first I couldn't think about anything else, but for the last several months I rarely think of it at all. It sucks for a while, but it does get better. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taaz67

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After 27 years of dipping, I quit with the use of Chantix with no side effects. The mere thought of the first 72 hours is what has kept me from starting back since 2007. Hang in there time truly helps.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s going on 7 hours now I hope and pray I can do it this time any suggestions to make things a little easier would be appreciated lol
My (late) bro-in-law changed to some kind of Skoal look-alike that was herbal and spice flavorings, because his dentist told him to stop dipping or get another dentist. Sorry, I don't remember the name, but it was in a greenish container that looked similar to Skoal.

He was a good man, but died of cancer anyway. :(

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dipped two cans of Skoal long cut mint for quite a while. I tried to quit 4-6 times with varying degrees of success but always fell off the wagon. It was finally about two years ago when my boy was 12 and very impressionable. At this same time some anti tobacco TV campaigns were hitting the airwaves something fierce. THey were pretty brutal and to the point about about your face falling off and killing you. While watching TV I was dipping and one of these commercials came on. My boy watched it again and he got up and disappeared into his room in the back of the house. After several minutes my wife went back there and he was crying his eyes out thinking I'm going to die a horrible death soon. Needless to say i had to finally quite.

For two weeks i didn't dip in front of him and he finally went to vacation at my parents home in Hawaii for 10 days. It was then that i quit. For the first three to five days i am very irritable, cranky and just and azzhole to be around. I now go through mints like crazy. I still have the urge to take a dip occasionally, especially in very stressful situation. I pray to God that my son does not pick up this habit. It may sound odd but i really did enjoy dipping. I drive a lot for work as a sales guy so it was something to do but I'm happy it has been almost two years since i quit.

I did tell my wife that if i ever get some crazy illness and the doctors tell me its incurable and I only have a year or so left to live that she can bet her azz that i will resume dipping like a madman.

Latest posts

Top Bottom