Smug Activist Cameraman tazed in the court house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My point is that cops are now using their Tasers as street punishment.

Gentlemen, that ain't right!

The two bailiffs should have just placed the cameraman under arrest,,,
Tasers were originally approved to bring down people who are resisting arrest,,,
And in this case there was not even an attempt to arrest the cameraman before they tased him.

The selling point for the tasers was/is an officer safety thing,,,
Those officers were not in any kind of danger at all,,,
They tased him because they wanted to.

This is the exact same thing as that 200+ pound Texas cop who tasered a 70+ year old woman at a traffic stop,,,
She was giving him lip and being a she-witch but don't tell me he thought he was in any danger,,,
He tased the woman because she pissed him off is all.

Like I said,,,
Laugh at the cameraman's plight,,,
But when you piss some cop off and he tases you,,,
I guarantee you will be singing a different song than you are doing now.

The law is there to provide us all with a sane environment,,,
Not to allow a person with a badge a license to tase someone simply because he can.

Aarond

While I understand the point you're trying to get across, it is NOT like the tx cop tasing the woman.

In the video he tries to put her under arrest, then tases her when she refuses. Which under your definitions is ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tasers were originally approved to bring down people who are resisting arrest,,,
And in this case there was not even an attempt to arrest the cameraman before they tased him.

Where in that statement did I define when it's "okay" to tase someone?

Perhaps I should have stated ~bring down people who are violently resisting arrest~,,,
Tasers were never meant to be used as cattle prods on American citizens.

Look my friend, let's not let this degenerate into a nit-picking word dissection,,,
I'm stating my disgust at law enforcement officers assuming the authority to tase anyone at will.

The cop who tased my ex did it because he was scared,,,
He was also too damned lazy (indifferent) to actually check her statement,,,
He was an off-duty Riverside County Sheriff's Deputy called to act as extra security at her PD.

Her Chief of Police fired him on the spot and wrote a strong letter to his sheriff's office,,,
Not a dang thing happened to him as his justification was he thought she was going for a weapon in her purse.

I strongly object to the recent attitude of ~when in doubt, tase it~,,,
It's just too danged easy to abuse and when it is used, the standard alibi is officer safety.

I work with cops and I hear them laughing about how "he flopped like a fish",,,
I know just how difficult the job is and I respect each officer who does the job properly,,,
But there is a significant percentage of cops who are simply bullies with a badge, gun, and a taser.

I strongly object to their having a tool that is so easily abused,,,
Especially when it's so danged easy to successfully justify their abusive behavior.

That's all I have to say on this subject.

Aarond

mchj74

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
aarondhgraham as you said ;

This is the exact same thing as that 200+ pound Texas cop who tasered a 70+ year old woman at a traffic stop,,,
She was giving him lip and being a she-witch but don't tell me he thought he was in any danger,,,
He tased the woman because she pissed him off is all.

If the officer is right or wrong its alot better for him tase her than throwing her to the ground and possibly braking her leg, hip, or arm and anyother bone. Was she wrong or right for resisting and pulling away from the officer who knows.

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Perhaps I should have stated ~bring down people who are violently resisting arrest~,,,

Look my friend, let's not let this degenerate into a nit-picking word dissection,,,
I'm stating my disgust at law enforcement officers assuming the authority to tase anyone at will.

He was an off-duty Riverside County Sheriff's Deputy called to act as extra security at her PD.

Her Chief of Police fired him on the spot and wrote a strong letter to his sheriff's office,,,
Not a dang thing happened to him as his justification was he thought she was going for a weapon in her purse.

It's just too danged easy to abuse and when it is used, the standard alibi is officer safety.

I know just how difficult the job is and I respect each officer who does the job properly,,,
But there is a significant percentage of cops who are simply bullies with a badge, gun, and a taser.

Especially when it's so danged easy to successfully justify their abusive behavior.

Aarond

I have to agree that there ARE buttheads with tasers wanting to bully others into compliance.

HOWEVER, I believe this guy was justified in his actions as the jackass was told numerous times no and STILL tried to force his way through the two guards. Now I personally wouldve put him in and arm bar and used pain compliance to handcuff him, mostly bc its more fun to lay hands on someone than taze them! I have been tazed before, while it hurt I believe the sound was worse than the actual 'shock'.

These guys were justified in their actions as far as Im concerned. Sadly, its not always the truth that matters, but how you write your report and CYA(justify) the situation.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Aarond

I'd imagine the cop that tased your wife might have worried about his safety. If he is in an argument with her and she turns her back on him to reach for something in her purse, he could be justified. However, he should have asked for identification. Just don't make any sudden movements in front of a cop that's being unreasonable. Some cops are "bad cops". I no doubt agree with you there.

The guys in the video had just enough of this bull and called him on it. It could be argued that he put his hands on the officer and when the officer issued a verbal command to "step back" and it wasn't followed he tased him. If you heard the conversation between the camera man and the officer, it definitely was heated and it wasn't the cop being unreasonable. All this camera man had to do was show him the papers that allowed his filming of the courtroom, but that wouldn't of made as good of a video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The stupid ********* offending everyone with his arrogant attitude was fine until he tried to bull his way past the officer of the court. When he touched the officer of the court, he earned the right to learn that stupid hurts. Let him file in civil court if he thinks he was wronged. If I were on the jury, he wouldn't get a dime.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing beats a good tazing video for pure entertainment.

"Don't taze me Bro!" is an oft quoted little tag line. This guy seemed to be sayin', "go ahead, taze me. I desperately deserve it, Bro!"

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since no one seems to have caught the "code words".
This guy appears to be a member/adherent of the sovereign citizen movement.
When he talks about his person, not a citizen but born here, admiralty flag all point to this outlook.
"Self-described sovereign citizens take the position that they are answerable only to common law and are not subject to any statutes or proceedings at the federal, states or municipal levels, or that they do not recognize U.S. currency and that they are "free of any legal constraints"."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

Most of them are just looney but some of them are dangerously loony.

Latest posts

Top Bottom