snubby pocket carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
used to think you guys were nutz doing this...for no other reason than I just knew the gun printed. And it does, but besides that the average citizen is still not going to notice, but I figured it would be heavy in the pocket also. Found out last night my taurus model 85 drops right in the pocket. Now I do think an ultra thin pocket holster would be good to break up the outline of the weapon. What do you like, and does it stick in the pocket if drawing?

Wonder how much difference a hammered airweight and my stainless gun would make a difference in the carry?

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a s&w 340 in an uncle mikes holster. In my jeans the holster stays put, in some of my slacks sometimes the holster wants to come out with it because the pocket is bigger.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to carry a S&W 637 Airweight in a Desantis pocket holster and had no problems, never printed and wasn't all that heavy....now that was with cargo shorts, I didn't carry like that with jeans.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Here is my favorite, although I've been carrying my PM9 in a desantis much more lately.

[Broken External Image]

I personally think the weight difference between an all steel an an airweight would be very large in a pocket. Airweights are just right weight wise.

Good luck,

Alan

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sometimes carry a 85UL in a Uncle Mikes, Sometimes a 856 stainless (6 shot)
There is a great difference in the weight, noticable but for the extra shot:yelclap: not bad.
The Uncle Mikes can also be slid into a waistband "The Hack Method" (it sticks amazingly well) for a jog or drive to the store, mowing , just out in the yard.
If you feel the need to "always carry a gun"... this works for me:yelclap:

luvmykalashnikov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LCR .357 in a Desantis nemesis. It stays put when drawing and actually is not to hard to reholster in pocket.

ai84.photobucket.com_albums_k25_luvmykalashnikov_lcrdesanti_1.jpg

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i carry a 642 in a pocket holster. does not print, looks more like a billfold, and gun comes out pretty good most of the time. but, my pocket holster was free but it is made from the slick leather that you see on duty belts. not the best.

some friends have a holster made of 'horse hair'. I have felt them and they are very coarse and really stick in the pocket. the only draw back is that the horse hair is rough on the finish of your gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom