So as not to hijack CoofJeff's thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Call one of your teachers and say "Thank you." It only takes a minute, and it will make their day. Even better, send them a hand written note.
I know that everyone here has had some useless teachers, but I also know that we've all had some good ones. The good ones deserve a little encouragement now and then. They sure don't get it from Janet Barresi.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple years ago I went by my high school to see one of my friends that is now the music director. I made sure to swing by a couple of my teachers' rooms to say hi. They definitely appreciate it. I know not all school will let people do this(I went to a small private school), but if you can, try to make time and visit.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my fiance is an Art teacher at a pretty rough school in OKC, she teaches 1st thru 6th grade and I see what she goes through....its tough on her sometimes. I couldn't do it. But she has a way with kids....and out of a rotten bunch, she manages to get through a few. We will be out and about and every now and then, we will run into one or two of her kids and they will run up to her and just seem happy to see her...puts a smile on my face.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...Call one of your teachers and say "Thank you." It only takes a minute, and it will make their day. Even better, send them a hand written note.
I know that everyone here has had some useless teachers, but I also know that we've all had some good ones. The good ones deserve a little encouragement now and then.

Good idea. My Mom was a teacher for 28 years. My Aunts were teachers also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom