So if you have a Ruger Mark??? or 22/45 pistol just laying around collecting dust...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
*Disclaimer: please excuse me and forgive me for wandering off into dreamland here:

I really wish Ruger would make a .22 Magnum Mark??? or 22/45. A Ruger .22 Mag lower paired with one of these Ares 22 RCU uppers with a threaded barrel would be freeekin' sweeet!!!

Now if Benjamin(Crossman) were to make a .22 caliber pellet marauder PCP pistol platform(sold as a package with a hand pump in the price range of a disco combo) or maybe even a cheaper vaporware .22 Trail NP XL(900fps/lead pellet) break barrel compact carbine pistol(priced somewhere between the MSRP of a .177 Trail NP Break Barrel Pistol and a .22 Trail NP XL 1100) dressed up like an Ares upper clone(stock, furniture) that works with a MK??? or 22/45 lower like the MAR177 PCP upper Crossman makes for AR's, that would round out one great, versatile, compact, .22 caliber rimfire/pneumatic small game hunting/survival system or even just to recreationally enjoy a full day of cheap .22 rimfire bullet, pneumatic pellet plinking fun at the range.

If someone were to add a Dave Canterbury(who appears to be to the survival shotgun what Jeff Cooper is to the scout rifle, imo) "Pathfinder" quick takedown, single action, single break barrel(22" long or less, 3" chamber, smooth bore, fixed modified choke), single shot, survival 12 gauge shotgun with Shortlane(smooth bore) 12 to 20 gauge, 410gauge/45long colt and Shortlane Pathfinder Series(8" rifled) 12 to .22LR, 22mag(vaporware) & 45 long colt adapters would make it even better:

[video=youtube_share;RhtjHgNkwXQ]http://youtu.be/RhtjHgNkwXQ[/video]

Now, with all the rumors of Ruger wanting to get back in on the shotgun game, the construction of a new plant for new product lines in Mayodan N.C. and considering what their last foray into the market was, wouldn't it make sense for them to "Rugerize" the Dave Canterbury survival shotgun as part of the rollout in this new product line of shotguns to offer an everyman's shotgun at the everyman's MSRP of a 10/22 Carbine as the price point?

Hypothetically speaking, if someone had a vaporware 22/45 Lite Magnum and maybe a .22 LR TALO MARK III MKIII512GFS distributor exclusive, along with the Ares .22lr/.22 mag vaporware threaded upper(s), one or both of those vaporware Benjamin uppers, and a H&R Pardner or vaporware Ruger "Pathfinder"(which what I would call it if I were Ruger as a nod to Dave Canterbury, with his blessing and input into the design, of course) single shot survival shotgun, that they would be pretty well set and very adaptable for basic rimfire rifle, shotgun, and pneumatic small game hunting, survival, sporting and plinking.

If Ruger could Somehow get everything to fit in a 10/22 takedown sized(or slightly larger), waterproof bag(maybe add a pocket or scabbard to the strap side of the bag for the survival shotty?) to sell all together as a small game hunting/survival/sporting/plinking "Pathfinder" package (priced in the neighborhood of SR556 MSRPs), I bet they couldn't make them fast enough to meet the demand from just the prepper market alone, much less the demand from the rest of us! $$$$CHA-CHING$$$$!!!!

Being of meager means, I know that I would badly lust after it until I was able to scrimp, sacrifice, stash cash and save enough to make it mine.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Hey I watch Dave's youtube channel also.

[video=youtube_share;YKPq00_7uaU]http://youtu.be/YKPq00_7uaU[/video]

Notice he carries that convertible revolver, too? Pretty sweet survival set up, there. I guess I should amend my previous flight of fancy to include a long barrel convertible single six(a single ten convertible would be even better)in that vaporware Ruger rimfire/shotgun/pneumatic package.

Latest posts

Top Bottom