So what are you BBQing this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No smoking this weekend. I might fire up the smoker next weekend after I get back from Woodward. Just need to make it in early enough. That reminds me. I need to place an order for some spices. I running low on a couple of ingredients to my rub.

Its date night for the Mrs and I. Going to hit up either Roadhouse or Longhorn. I'm needing a good steak that I don't have to cook. And a nice cold one to help it go down.

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Burn bans vary by county. Some counties ban all forms of burning, while others still allow grilling and open flames under certain circumstances. Your best bet is to contact your local authority.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... a brisket sounds really good. I've never done one before, but I got a smoker box a couple months ago and haven't hooked it up to my grill yet. Maybe it's time... I need some recipes. There used to be a BBQ recipe thread here, didn't there? Or maybe I'll look online and see if there's a page out there that'll give me a soup-to-nuts walkthrough from scratch on how to smoke a nice brisket. :D

Mmmmm.... droolin' now!

Here is an excellent article to get you started on beef brisket.

http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/texas_brisket.html

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our Friday nights are usually eat out nights and then Saturday,Sundays are our grillin days. Some butthole on here recommended Dooleys Angus Inn in BA not too long ago for a good steak on a 'lookin for a good steak' thread so I take my wife there and now she liked it so much she thinks its our every Friday night spot. But this next time the 'baby'- a 14 yr old kid close to 6' and 185lbs and can eat a horse- is stayin home this go round. 3 of us went thru a hundred dollar bill plus some in nothing flat- appetizers,wine,ribeyes,14 layer chocolate cake,etc. Freakin good assed steak though,the butthole was right on about that place having some seriously good food...

Saturday if it isnt raining I want to grill up some sausages,Atomic Buffalo and Dragon turds,and some weiners. I love beef brisket and pork ribs smoked but bein from Cali I also like a good piece of beef tri-tip smoked to make BBQ sandwiches with ( be great for my weekend of NBA basketball playoff games to go along with the Snowshoe brew pub wheat ale I brought back from Cali a few weeks ago), but have no idea where to find the cut around here. My meat shop outside Coweta doesnt have em,guess I might have to go drag Tulsa meat shops- Bruners,Heberts,Perrys,Conrows/Mid Town,etc...

Sunday Im getting drug to the in-laws for the big ham and fixins with the relatives dinner for Easter.

Sweet Baby Ray's
Im a Head Country man all the way cause we have family connections but mostly cause I like their hot BBQ sauce but the wifes been buyin the Sweet Baby Rays sauces and I like em.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy at work's mother is an administrator for the OKC FD. He called her and asked if charcoal and gas grills were OK to use in OKC.

She checked and told him emphatically NO! OKC's burn ban is not the county's burn ban.

Latest posts

Top Bottom