So...who carries a 9mm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see those who carry .45's in the North where heavy coats are the norm for 5-6 months of the year disagreeing with that premise. That said, I say carry what you shoot best with and caliber choice is way down the list of importance. I shoot 100% at semi-annual quals with my duty G-21, my "car carry" G-19 and my CCW S&W 1911PD. However, the group size with the PD is MUCH smaller, so that's what I carry most. Capacity is comforting, but so is accuracy. :)

I've seen others who carry .45s because they worry about 9mms over penetrating. And I also know that some up north carry 9mms with 147 gr rounds. I was just kidding around about compensating. I think all handguns in the 9mm-.45 range have very good ballistics with good hollow points and it just comes down to placement (like you said, what you shoot best). .380s aren't far behind, but below that it gets a bit more sketchy. But I'd still rather have a .22 than a rock.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im ready for the .45 one too!

Yeah I carry a .45 so shot placement isnt an issue. Just hit a guy in the finger with it and hes out of commission for good.

I know Dr.'s who say that when fellas come in with gun shot wounds and they learn its a .45 they dont start treatment, they start fillin out the death certificate.

And .45 tend to be bigger guns so they are inherently more accurate. Plus the bigger size just fits my big hands better, and you know what they say about a man with big hands...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4.bp.blogspot.com__WuLJV9Qq42E_TcLThk3Z_ZI_AAAAAAAAGqU_KpkpKBm6fcf9659dd29e2f1477a14be63ff85b1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom