so you think you have enough lead or bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a 10,000 piece limit.

My base was 10,000 primers, brass, powder to load same, etc.

I'm getting down to emergency levels. The stuff is out there, and it can be bought at reasonable prices. I'm way far away from being critical but I can see it coming. Powder is the big issue right now

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy who is always predicting the end of the world. About two years ago he predicted a disaster that would create a crunch on components. I seldom listening to his ramblings, but some reason I did this time. Come to find out the blind squirrel was right this time. I'm not fixed for life, but I certainly am not hurting yet. I probably would have been alright without his warning but it's nice not worrying either. These little bumps serve as fair warning to further planning. It's always kind of interesting how many people want to get into reloading after a shortage, but could care less prior to it.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im getting pretty low on loaded bullets. Ive got plenty of lead and at least 25lbs of black powder.

My greatest fear is that reloading components become not available and loaded bullets become too scarce. My backup plan is to load up on lead, black powder and flints.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, powder availability is really bad right now. I'm down to my last lb of BL-C(2) and have yet to find anymore.

GC has said his preferred powders are spotty in availability, too. I'll freely admit I'm a bit of an impulse buyer. If I see it I buy it whether we really need another bag of bullets or jar of powder or box of primers ... just because ... because of that we have enough that I don't really notice when it's not available because I'm never in a "I need this particular thing" mode ...

Shoot, we were still using primers I bought while I was working at the gun store 5 years later ... I tend to be a bit of a spendthrift when it comes to hobbies I enjoy ... And when you work somewhere it's easy to grab a bit of this or that every paycheck ... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom