Some snow pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am six foot tall and the snow is up to my butt in places. We still had about 8 inches on the ground from the last storm. The snow on the vehicles and on the shed is all since last night. One of my hens didn't roost in the hen house last night and got buried sometime in the night it was purely the grace of God to find her. She is inside warming in front of the stove and is still touch and go. Hopefully she was the only one buried. I am going to take a yardstick when I go out again in a few hours to bust water again.

ai758.photobucket.com_albums_xx221_encrosby_DSC_0361.jpg

ai758.photobucket.com_albums_xx221_encrosby_DSC_0363.jpg

ai758.photobucket.com_albums_xx221_encrosby_DSC_0372.jpg

ai758.photobucket.com_albums_xx221_encrosby_DSC_0374.jpg

ai758.photobucket.com_albums_xx221_encrosby_DSC_0401.jpg

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She is clucking and acting active now. I am not going to put her back outside till she feels a little dryer. Probably when the snow stops in a couple of hours.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hen is fine and back with the others. I actually found another one and she was clucking and happy when I dug her out about an hour after I found the other one. Both are eating, drinking and being merry. No Eggs though. I actually live near Jay and here are some pics showing the depth of the snow. This isn't some drifted up area I just went to the backyard where my wife had better light to take the pics from the window. Regular yardstick 36inches. including what hadn't melted off from the previous storm I have about 32 inches to the ground.
ai758.photobucket.com_albums_xx221_encrosby_DSC_0409.jpg

ai758.photobucket.com_albums_xx221_encrosby_DSC_0411.jpg

BTW post-holing around in the snow makes for a great workout. I had nothing on under the coveralls except a pair of Jeans and a sleeveless undershirt. For the most part I had the front of the coveralls un-zipped a bit and was still sweating like a biggest loser.

Evan

Latest posts

Top Bottom