Something good on Facebook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were you Coast Guard?
Yes but only a couple years before a medical discharge. I was having blackout spells and they could not find out why. About 20 years ago one of my docs found it. Was a head injury from a bar fight before I joined we think. I took a med for about a year and have not had a problem since.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes but only a couple years before a medical discharge. I was having blackout spells and they could not find out why. About 20 years ago one of my docs found it. Was a head injury from a bar fight before I joined we think. I took a med for about a year and have not had a problem since.
Don't find many of us here in Oklahoma. Semper Paratus.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if it can be found, but there was an author out of Norman that wrote a book many years ago entitled "Onionhead." It was a story of an Okie OU dropout that joined the Coast Guard and became a cook.

The timing of the story was back during WWII. Not too much in the way of war stories, but mostly about his life and loves.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if it can be found, but there was an author out of Norman that wrote a book many years ago entitled "Onionhead." It was a story of an Okie OU dropout that joined the Coast Guard and became a cook.

The timing of the story was back during WWII. Not too much in the way of war stories, but mostly about his life and loves.

Update Edit: The author's name was Weldon Hill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom