SOPMOD vs iMOD stocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot of sarcasm being missed in this thread.

I like my E-Mod. I-Mod is nice if you want it a little lighter. The newest version of the SOPMOD with the QD sockets is a great stock, but not $200 great. Magpul ACS is another option in that style. I like my CTR on my little 9mm but it isn't really in competition with the mod stocks.

This - the EMOD is one of the greatest stocks ever made. I don't necessarily think the IMOD is that much better than the EMOD (and if you can still find the EMOD stocks on clearance, they're a great bargain).

LMT makes nice stuff, but I've never been impressed with any of the SOPMOD stocks - they just don't appeal to me at all. The only two I've ever gotten to handle were looser on the tube than any VLTOR stock I've owned, didn't have QD sockets, and were heavy for what you got.

I'll stick with my CTSs and EMODs (maybe a PRS if I ever get around to building a precision gas gun).

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When did they stop making the modstock?

No idea, but if product A enters the market 3 years before product B, you can't say that product A is an enhanced version of product B. If anything, product B is a downgraded version of product A.

But seeing as the IMOD is almost exactly the same as the Modstock, if the Modstock remained in production, it seems I was wrong and the EMOD didn't replace the Modstock, but rather "enhanced" it, like a sequel rather than a director's cut.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The EMOD is not the original mod stock that everyone had on sale for $50. The IMOD replaced it and the EMOD was an enhanced version of the IMOD.

I knew that, but for some reason, I thought VLTOR was killing off the EMOD and was only going to have the IMOD and MOD-Stock. I could have sworn I saw some EMODs out there for like $100 for the whole kit w/tube a year ago or so.

Just checked a few online places and I guess I was either seeing things or it was a one-time sale. Maybe I'm getting older than I thought.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew that, but for some reason, I thought VLTOR was killing off the EMOD and was only going to have the IMOD and MOD-Stock. I could have sworn I saw some EMODs out there for like $100 for the whole kit w/tube a year ago or so.

Just checked a few online places and I guess I was either seeing things or it was a one-time sale. Maybe I'm getting older than I thought.

They recently released the A5 stock kit which comes with an EMOD stock (among other things), which they're hoping will be adopted as the mil-spec standard stock for the new A5 (hence the name). I can't imagine them discontinuing the EMOD when they're also trying to sell it in mass quantities to the .mil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom