Sound of Silence 18 string

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, unless I counted wrong, there are only 12 strings, and each of those are separate and apart from the rest. A normal 12 string guitar has "six pairs" of strings, that being two strings very close together.

EDIT: OK, I was counting tuning knobs. The extra six are below the regular six with some kind of "knob" at the bottom of the guitar.

12string-header.jpg

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty cool. Always wanted to learn to play the guitar, played the trumpet instead. Will have to show this to the kiddo, she plays the orchestral bass, piano, and some violin.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you like harp guitar, check out a guy named Stephen Bennett. Have met him and seen him perform several times at the festival in Winfield, KS. Nice guy and a great player.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an electric 12 string guitar back in the 70's. I had some leather picks that would make the guitar sound as smooth as an organ. There was no 'twang' from the pick like you can get from a plastic or tortoise shell pick. They were perfect for use while crooning a soft sweet ballad/love song.

:drunk2:

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom