Need Advice on Edger - Electric or Gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I always edged with my weedeater. Simply turn it 90 degrees and walk it backwards along the driveway. Took practice to not get a crooked edge but not much practice.
Thanks. My weedeater is a walk behind so I just need an edger. Glad I didn't make you say "WTF" again.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need a new edger too, but I want to get a lawn chick that has an edger. A young taught gal that needs extra money for college, and insists on wearing a bikini to stay cool, sure you have ideas on the extra money angle, but you have to use control, otherwise you get a trip downtown and your picture in the newspaper. Here's a tip, put little piles of top soil in the yard, and tell everyone that you're leveling, and when the lawn chick runs over the speed bumps, well, you get the picture. But when the wife catches you at the windows with your binoculars, and the new spotting scope, well, you're on your own.

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I need a new edger too, but I want to get a lawn chick that has an edger. A young taught gal that needs extra money for college, and insists on wearing a bikini to stay cool, sure you have ideas on the extra money angle, but you have to use control, otherwise you get a trip downtown and your picture in the newspaper. Here's a tip, put little piles of top soil in the yard, and tell everyone that you're leveling, and when the lawn chick runs over the speed bumps, well, you get the picture. But when the wife catches you at the windows with your binoculars, and the new spotting scope, well, you're on your own.
I'd definitely pay up for that.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always edged with my weedeater. Simply turn it 90 degrees and walk it backwards along the driveway. Took practice to not get a crooked edge but not much practice.
This is exactly what I do.

I have an Echo gas powered trimmer and also have a matching Echo edger, which is no longer made. They do make an attachment for the newer model trimmers that will do the same. I never use the edger. I have to walk all the way to the shed in back to get it and I'm already there with the trimmer running. I ain't that picky, so I just trim it.

I also have a Kobalt 40V trimmer and it works fine but there are a few things I don't like about it. I bought it just after my divorce and all my stuff was in storage and I didn't want to dig it out of there. The trigger has a strong enough spring that it makes my hand cramp. It's variable speed, but not to the extent a gas trimmer is and it just doesn't regulate well enough, IMO. The head is a pain to load line into unless you are using real small wimpy line and it holds several feet less than my Echo. Runtime on a 5 amp or 4 amp battery (I have both) is fine.

I don't plan on giving up my gas trimmer until I stop breathing. Echo or Stihl is what I would recommend, they're both great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom