Florida Sheriff Greets NJ Man Accused of Making Threat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to remember a time when criminal cases required meeting the burden of proof on the basic elements? Motive, means and opportunity back then, mens rea and actus reus now (along with one of several other subordinate elements currently available).

By that I mean did he actually have the intent and means to go and kill the sheriff? Did his words written on the internet incite the sheriff to commit a crime?

Some unemployed basement dwelling cretin spouting off on the internet from seven states away doesn’t seem like a crime worthy of extradition. JMO, YMMV
Just me, but as the saying goes, “don’t poke the bear”. My guess is he poked the wrong bear with whatever comments he made.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd hate to see mom's basement under a black light...
1727792963984.png

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update:

Please note, I did not write the question in very poor Engrish below

He pled no contest so we’ll never be able to see how the prosecutors were going to argue the threat was imminent and likely.

Also, why have those who threatened Chitwood outside of FL been extradited to FL instead of tried in their home states when the send button was hit in their home state?

Latest posts

Top Bottom