Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Extended projection forecast for the entire month of October shows no rain in sight......
Yep and I have clover and alfalfa coming up from planting 2 weeks ago and got 1-2" of rain then nothing. Hope they survive on heavy dew until we get rain. Definitely not spreading any post emergent fertilizer until get some rain and seedlings grow some.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep and I have clover and alfalfa coming up from planting 2 weeks ago and got 1-2" of rain then nothing. Hope they survive on heavy dew until we get rain. Definitely not spreading any post emergent fertilizer until get some rain and seedlings grow some.
I feel your pain.

I see so many folks getting their panties in a knot over the election, the Middle East, the unions....
None of that crap matters. Only deer season matters.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I chickened out on planting alfalfa this year. That seed is too expensive.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I chickened out on planting alfalfa this year. That seed is too expensive.
I'm trying a mix from Hancock Seed with 3 clover and alfalfa. Plus, I'm just planting 4-5 acres. Hoping the alfalfa will help shade/choke out the horse nettle I'm battling in the spring. Sprayed it all with glyphosate earlier in the year, disced under, sprayed again after some green up showed. Nothing green in the plots when I planted. Right now, the nettle is dormant but will come back with a vengeance early next year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom