Speaker Ryan says NRA-backed silencers bill shelved indefinitely

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guarantee it won’t pass even if it does come up for a vote. Too many RHINOS in the government. They don’t vote based upon what their constituents want rather what their donors want. And I have thought Paul Ryan was a snake from the get go. Not because of this but because of all the other bad things he has done. He is a liar.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guarantee it won’t pass even if it does come up for a vote. Too many RHINOS in the government. They don’t vote based upon what their constituents want rather what their donors want. And I have thought Paul Ryan was a snake from the get go. Not because of this but because of all the other bad things he has done. He is a liar.
This. Suppressor deregulation is NOT the type of legislation Ryan wants on the docket. :(

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did he say “shelved indefinitely”?? You guy gotta stop quoting fake misleading crap

"The silencer bill is "not scheduled right now. I don't know when it will be scheduled," Ryan said."

Matches with a definition of Indefinitely last time I checked Webster's.

If a bill is not scheduled for a vote, it is essentially shelved until such time as they decide to schedule it.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"The silencer bill is "not scheduled right now. I don't know when it will be scheduled," Ryan said."

Matches with a definition of Indefinitely last time I checked Webster's.

If a bill is not scheduled for a vote, it is essentially shelved until such time as they decide to schedule it.
Not even close. I don’t know means “I don’t know”. Indefinitely suggests it’s dead or near dead

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like when a college football team suspends a player indefinitely, he is gonna sit tell Coach tells him to come back. Not dead or near dead.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like when a college football team suspends a player indefinitely, he is gonna sit tell Coach tells him to come back. Not dead or near dead.
So that player is “shelved indefinitely”? I hear where you guys are coming from, and I think Ryan is a turd, but, I stand by my statement that the headline was misleading

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in·def·i·nite·ly
ˌinˈdef(ə)nətlē/
adverb
  1. for an unlimited or unspecified period of time.
    "talks cannot go on indefinitely"
    • to an unlimited or unspecified degree or extent.
      "an indefinitely large number of channels"

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congress is so dysfunctional right now, I highly doubt it will make it on the schedule any time soon....which is an unspecified period of time, which is indefinitely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom