Spent two hours with a Deputy today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What a rewarding evening! Lesson learned on their part hopefully as well.................and what a proactive deputy for wanting to do the paperwork and making it happen......some don't want to do that, and would rather just have their parents scold them. How did they find the location to party in the first place, anyone ask them?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a rewarding evening! Lesson learned on their part hopefully as well.................and what a proactive deputy for wanting to do the paperwork and making it happen......some don't want to do that, and would rather just have their parents scold them. How did they find the location to party in the first place, anyone ask them?

Yeah, one of the 16 year old boys said he had permission to be in there. Well, he didn't, but back many years ago before I got it, his mom had permission to go there, so you know how that works. Give 24 hour permission, interpreted to mean lifetime permission no matter who owns it.
It was supposed to be the 16 yr old and two buddies, but we all know how social media works.

16 year old's dad is taking the lead on gathering up the money from the other parents.
There was no alcohol involved in this evening with this group.

All of these kids were from Ponca City. 20 miles away.

I'm 99% sure there are some locals that are coming in separately, because I've tracked their ATV's in the mud for more than two miles.

None of the ATV tread marks were the same on the kids as the ones the deputy took on Tuesday.

I'm still hunting.......

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope this is a happy ending. Shame that kids don't think of the consequences of their actions.

I think it was a good teaching moment. I'm sure none of those kids had that level of intervention by LEO previously.

I talked to the dad of the 16 yr old that thought he had permission quite extensively today. He said his son loves camping, etc. I told him that once things got settled, wheat cut, etc, I'd go down in the woods with a tractor and clear them a camping spot, if he would call me when he was going to be there, and was going to be adult supervised.

I'd hate to be the ogre that busted a kids love of being in the outdoors.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That had to be extremely gratifying. Awesome that the deputy didn't just let them skate with a scolding. At least now you can get reimbursed for the damage. That's more than you normally get. I'm sure the parents will make sure their kid doesn't get a felony over the deal and honestly a felony is too much for some dumb kids but it makes good leverage for you getting paid.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well done, Dennis. You're a stand up guy and I'm glad everything went down smoothly and the LEO were serving you. I sure hope you get the locals, as my bet is they're the more disruptive and destructive of the two groups.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! You talk about some gumption! My Dad would have worked my a$$ over big time as soon as he got me home! No, actually, he would have seen to it that I was forever indebted to the land owner so that you had all the free labor you ever needed! Glad you caught them and had all of the LEO help that you did. Now, hopefully you will be fully reimbursed (like that's really possible) and the kids learned a major lesson. And, here's hoping you catch all of the others involved. Good catch, Dennis!

Latest posts

Top Bottom