Spiral cannelure, LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe somebody boxed up the 2nds and failed to make a little extra cash.

You know, for COVID

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally wrote Hornady off about five years ago. For the most part, their products have been sub-standard and their customer service absolutely sucks. Without going into great detail, I had reason to suspect some of their new, unprimed brass and talked with customer service several times. They were eager to get their hands on the suspect brass for inspection ... for a while. All at once, they didn't want anything to do with it. 'Nope, don't send them to us. It can't be our brass.' I was never impressed with their bullets, and that was the killer for me. Eff 'em. There's lots of other manufacturers out there and most, if not all, of them are as good or better than Hornady. I was almost to the point of shooting some of their 'cheap' FMJ pistol bullets again, if I could find them. But your experience just reinforced my original decision to completely write them off. Good luck. Let us know how it works out for you.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe Hornady hired some of the former Remington employees? :anyone:
I wrote off Remington ammo years ago after I opened a box of .303 British soft point.
You could look with the naked eye and see the bullets were not seated to the same depth.
On some of them the cannelure was completely down inside the case and others had the cannelure completely sticking out.
Don't know how it shot as I handed it back to the seller and said, No thanks.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sprial cannelure is supposed to help the bullet spin better while in flight.
They were really thinking when they designed these bullets.
For those long distance shots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom