Springfield arsenal rebuild 1911A1 before and after.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The updated grips make it look so much better. Whoever put those old, hard Pach’s on there oughtta be whooped wit a wet noodle.

Congrats and thank you for your rehoming adoption services, sir!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what the last SA rebuild that sold on Gunbroker brought. Not sure how an arsenal rebuild in such poor condition fetches that kind of money, but it's a sign of the times. I think the days of sub-$1500 USGI pistols in good, as-issued condition are going by the wayside. We will probably see a short term spike in pricing on the open market due to the CMP release. It will be interesting to see the prices that the CMP pistols will be commanding once they hit Gunbroker. Many have suggested that they will easily bring as much as a $400 premium over CMP pricing.

AQut1Cth.png

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Tin foil is tin foil, try some you use for cooking in an inconspicuous area. Used tin foil on a Honda CB 500 I refurbed to remove rust on the chrome bits. Worked like a charm. I would be curious as to how it reacts with bluing though.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
In fact I have a mossy that needs some rust spot removal, I will take some before and afters and let you know what happens Luke. Shotty is not a collector piece LOL

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tin foil is tin foil, try some you use for cooking in an inconspicuous area. Used tin foil on a Honda CB 500 I refurbed to remove rust on the chrome bits. Worked like a charm. I would be curious as to how it reacts with bluing though.

it's actually not tinfoil, it's regular paper on the inside and shiny stuff on the outside

Latest posts

Top Bottom