Springfield's XDs .45 ACP....Made in Croatia????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have three Springfield XDM's. A 9mm, 40S&W and a 45ACP. I've probably fired 500 rounds through each of them and had no problems out of any of them yet.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an XDM in 45 with over 600 rounds through it uncleaned with no problems yet either. It seems to like all brands of ammo, and it's easy to conceal with a IWB holster. One of the most comfortable shooting compact 45 I have shot.

No complaints yet!

P

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not care for compacts..i do not carry so nil on that.
But i do like a long barrel gun I think minimum 4" for a deer hunting pistol in some calibers to be legal.
I like all american made...i like cheap I have put over 500 rounds so far down the barrel of my cheap 45acp
without a hiccup.. Yes it is a hi-point. Accuracy is not too bad ..Took a deer with it at 47 paces Bang Flop.

Friend just got an XD40 we will be having a shoot off soon with his brother who has a Glock..
Should be lot's of fun...
Sometimes USA made just ain't gonna happen, but when it does it makes me feel better.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the folks are correct about where Springfield's guns are made. Springfield is an American company they just don't make a lot of there stuff. A lot of their 1911's are assembled here of parts made somewhere else...I am pretty sure. The XD's are great pistols, in just about every way. Certainly the don't fit everyone as some have stated here. I like to by USA stuff when I can. If you like doing that too and you want a good quality polymer pistol...look at S & W's M & P pistols. If you want a 1911 made in the USA look at Colt or Ruger. Certainly you can have a custom 1911 made in the USA of USA made materials...if you want to spend more bucks. If so, try Wilson Combat, Ed brown, Nighthawk or for a real bargain try Les Baer.

jescates

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the XD compact back in 07. Have thousands of rounds through and yet have a malfunction. Great little pistol. Like it so much, thinking about buying the XDs. My dad has owned a 9mm hs2000 for a lo longer and he swears by it so much, it's his primary ccw.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to an XD sub for CC 7 or 8 years ago and have an XDM full size for HD and the range. Ive probably put a few thousand or so through the XD sub vs hundreds of thousands that have been through my 2nd Gen G17 (it already had hundreds of thousands on it when I got it from a member here and few years ago).

D Zinn

New to the site!
Reaction score
It's very irritating when you go buy a firearm from a US company and you find out its an import. Almost always its to save the company a buck but they still want primo prices. I will admit that there is good stuff and junk whether it is US or import. But... if I buy Springfield I want it to be 100% American and if I buy CZ I want it to be 100% Czech... just sayin.