Squirrel Hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the places I go looking for Squirrel are ok at best for numbers. I would have no problem traveling a little farther on a short road trip for a potentially better location. Any suggestions? Say for the bottom half of the State. My dog is driving me crazy to get out and hunt.

awww.fototime.com_C2DF08F17AF61CA_standard.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a whole bunch of squirrels when I was hog hunting on public land on the red river and on the washita river above texoma lake. Some is corp land and some is WMA.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. The picture I posted is from Texoma Corps land close to 377. Anytime I go in that area I can usually scratch out one or two, but I never find any big numbers of them. Hugo WMA to the east was once my hot spot but it is like the population cycle is at a low point or something over the last couple years and has not bounced back up yet.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live on Grand Lake and we have them everywhere. I even had them chew up the wires on my truck last year. Now I keep rat posion around my truck engine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom