Stainless Caspian rail gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stainless Caspian rail gun

Flat topped with arrow serrations 25 lines
Hand checkered front strap 25 lines
Ultra high under cut
Hand checkered mainspring housing 25 lines
Stan Chen Mag Suite
Wilson barrel
3.0 Lbs trigger
French border
Ball radius slide cuts
Flush cut and combat crowned barrel
Bead blasted rounds and brushed slide flats and pins
hand checkered plug 25 lines
shovel head rear sight for single hand manipulation

Enjoy all, comments are always welcome!

Anthony Durning

i1054.photobucket.com_albums_s484_DurningDefenseCustomsLLC_017.jpg

i1054.photobucket.com_albums_s484_DurningDefenseCustomsLLC_001.jpg

i1054.photobucket.com_albums_s484_DurningDefenseCustomsLLC_016.jpg

i1054.photobucket.com_albums_s484_DurningDefenseCustomsLLC_015_1.jpg

i1054.photobucket.com_albums_s484_DurningDefenseCustomsLLC_014_1.jpg

i1054.photobucket.com_albums_s484_DurningDefenseCustomsLLC_005.jpg

i1054.photobucket.com_albums_s484_DurningDefenseCustomsLLC_013.jpg

i1054.photobucket.com_albums_s484_DurningDefenseCustomsLLC_004_1.jpg

i1054.photobucket.com_albums_s484_DurningDefenseCustomsLLC_002_2.jpg

i1054.photobucket.com_albums_s484_DurningDefenseCustomsLLC_010.jpg

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pistol looks great. I like all of it but these things stick out to me. I like the way you softened all the lines of the slide and frame without carry melting it like an old bar of soap. I also like the serrations on the back of the slide...and that you stopped, evenly, just above the frame. When folks take the serrations to the bottom of the slide and don't serrate the rail portion of the frame the entire serration job looks somewhat unfinished.

osy79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful job on that build Anthony. Something I was curious about. You obviously put a good deal of time into that configuration, so I was curious about the combination of a railed frame, and a 3lb trigger.

Usually going with a rail denotes some form of defensive use. But a 3lb trigger usually means some form of legal action in a DGU situation. So I was just curious, did you want to have a railed platform for more versatile uses in the future, or do you intend to use a 1911 with 3lb trigger as a defensive firearm?

My interest was peaked, that's all.

Reaction score
customer requested 3lbs, I base what weight I will set them at by the experiance level of the customer. At the end of the day the ticket goes out saying "customer requested 3.0lbs" so if he has an ADC, then its on him to explain why he was not able to handle what he requested. I have many guns with much lighter pulls that are into the 10's or thou range on round count with no follow issues or ADC's.

I have set pistols for firearms insturctors down to 2.5lbs for carry and lower for competition, its not up to me to choose what is correct for you, but I will steer the a novice away from lighter triggers. However with good GP's you can train to a light trigger just as easy as a heavy revo style, like the glock.

As legal actions go, I have yet to see trigger weight being the determing factor in a case, Unless improperly perfromed.

thanks for looking.

A

Last edited:

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful job on that build Anthony. Something I was curious about. You obviously put a good deal of time into that configuration, so I was curious about the combination of a railed frame, and a 3lb trigger.

Usually going with a rail denotes some form of defensive use. But a 3lb trigger usually means some form of legal action in a DGU situation. So I was just curious, did you want to have a railed platform for more versatile uses in the future, or do you intend to use a 1911 with 3lb trigger as a defensive firearm?

My interest was peaked, that's all.

Legal action because of a 3lb. trigger? Man, you've heard way too many urban myths.

Latest posts

Top Bottom