Stainless or Blued Magazines?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is a better finish?

• Stainless

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Blued

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • They're the same

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to be getting a couple magazines for my 1911 probably next week and I've already decided on using Checkmate magazines with hybrid feed lips and their patented follower. Now my question concerns the finish, is stainless better than blued or does it even matter? I tried searching for an answer and I end up finding discussions about blued guns vs stainless guns, nothing about the magazines. If anybody knows which is better of if it's just for looks please post up.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Checkmate magazines but I'd suggest going with the stainless magazines. You won't have to worry about the blued finish wearing on the magazine and you'll have some additional corrosion protection from the stainless.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking but I couldn't find any evidence for it. It's going to be a range/home protection gun so I wasn't sure if how much protection the mag would need.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't make any difference as long as you take care of them properly. Blued mags are like blued guns. They can't take a lot of moisture and not rust. Keep them oiled up and you're good to go.

If you're going to store mags in your car, or other places where humidity and moisture can get to them, go with stainless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom