Star Trek "The Trouble with Tribbles" on Me TV tonight at 10 p.m.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a big Star Trek fan but this is apparently a popular episode??

The Trouble with Tribbles
Season 2, Episode 15
Kirk, assigned to protect a grain shipment, finds that he has trouble with "tribbles": balls of purring fluff that live on grain and are incredibly prolific.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a big Star Trek fan but this is apparently a popular episode??

The Trouble with Tribbles
Season 2, Episode 15
Kirk, assigned to protect a grain shipment, finds that he has trouble with "tribbles": balls of purring fluff that live on grain and are incredibly prolific.
Yes, indeed. The screenwriter rote a pretty thick paperback book about the making of it. Back in 1973, when Star Trek TOS was just Star Trek

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, indeed. The screenwriter rote a pretty thick paperback book about the making of it. Back in 1973, when Star Trek TOS was just Star Trek
Although I think they have denied it, it was a ripoff of a Robert Heinlein story called The Rolling Stones. The Tribbles were retreads of Martian Flatcats. Edit: That being said, it still was well written. It was written by David Gerrold, another scifi author.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a Star Trek fan and this episode is mildly amusing but not a favorite. Star Trek The Next Generation, Season 5, Episode 25, “The Inner Light” is my all time favorite. It’s thought provoking - a journey through the moments that lead to a full life and one’s realization of mortality with a surprising final twist.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a Star Trek fan and this episode is mildly amusing but not a favorite. Star Trek The Next Generation, Season 5, Episode 25, “The Inner Light” is my all time favorite. It’s thought provoking - a journey through the moments that lead to a full life and one’s realization of mortality with a surprising final twist.
I'm with you on that one. Excellent episode.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me too, one of the best hour length TV programs ever. Right up there with The City on the Edge of Forever.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also a favorite of mine. I read somewhere it was a "filler" episode that wasn't part of the overall story arc but is frequently picked as a "best episode."

Latest posts

Top Bottom