Star Trek "The Trouble with Tribbles" on Me TV tonight at 10 p.m.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I think they have denied it, it was a ripoff of a Robert Heinlein story called The Rolling Stones. The Tribbles were retreads of Martian Flatcats. Edit: That being said, it still was well written. It was written by David Gerrold, another scifi author.
David Gerrold actually wrote about that in his book. He said he had read the Heinlein story, but had completely forgotten about it until well after his screenplay was written. It wasn’t until someone brought up the similarity to flatcats that he remembered—it may even have been after the episode aired.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also a favorite of mine. I read somewhere it was a "filler" episode that wasn't part of the overall story arc but is frequently picked as a "best episode."
That flute tune that Picard learned and played during the episode was also used in Season 6, Episode 19, “Lessons”. That tune was later made into an Orchestral Suite that I downloaded from iTunes.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went ahead and recorded last nights episode, first time I've really done anything with the tv tuner I bought for my PC. I used to record a lot of TV years ago, but since I don't really watch TV anymore, I have let that fall by the wayside. I'll have to remove the commercials and compress it for storage.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Star Trek and Gene Roddenberry were very cutting edge, at the time. Pushing many social problems, biases and sacred cows.

I was always more of the notion, Steve Jobs wasn't the great innovator, others proclaimed, just a Trekkie making reality of the gadgets.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a Star Trek fan and this episode is mildly amusing but not a favorite. Star Trek The Next Generation, Season 5, Episode 25, “The Inner Light” is my all time favorite. It’s thought provoking - a journey through the moments that lead to a full life and one’s realization of mortality with a surprising final twist.
Also a favorite of mine. Go carefully OKCHunter.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I'm the best odd one. I'm not a fan of fiction. I especially hate nature shows that try to claim theories are science facts.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Inner Light was a great episode.

DS9 had an episode called “In the Pale Moonlight”, which is also one of my favorite episodes, along with “Far Beyond the Stars”.
Pale Moonlight is outstanding but anything with Garik is gold in DS9. I think the best ones that never get talked about are The Siege of AR-588 and the follow up, It's only a Paper Moon.

For the OP, if you liked the tribble episode, DS9 has a follow up flashback version in season 5. It is called Trials and Tribble-ations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom