State Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, i misread your statement, "rather that it's an unpasteurized beer and according to our law, can't be sold cold. Fat Tire is the same way."

It's not that it's unpasteurized that requires it to be sold warm, it's the alcohol content. The fact that it's unpasteurized means that the brewery wont sell it to states that sell it warm because it isn't good for the product.

But basically it boils down to the fact that the law still acts to limit which products are available because of archaic restrictions.

Right, I assumed people knew what the logistics were in regards unpasteurized beer and that +3.2 beer couldn't be sold cold. One correction though, lots of craft beer sold in Oklahoma in a bottle or can is unpasteurized and can remain relatively stable for awhile at room temp. So it's not a given it will affect the beer, but I certainly understand their argument.

Not sure where you are going with this anyways? You seem a bit behind on the conversation. Maybe read the 791 vs 792 link I posted previously to understand what objections I've made?

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They want their beer to be in retail for no more than 45 days then any past that would be bought back. If you buy from 5 companies and all 5 carry that beer who is responsible for buying back? Can you prove it came from jarboe?

When a brewery can go through a single distributor they can more easily control the freshness and quality of their product.

Every brewer wants fresh beer on shelves, and buy backs shouldn't be necessary. If anyone has that much of an out of date problem, they severely screwed up on their buying.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Death Penalty-if there isn't one there is no deterrent.

Farming: the government is too involved in the citizen'same lives already.

It is good that we are discussing the State Questions, we need to be educated before we go to the polls.
I read in The Oklahoman that an increase in taxes would hurt the poor, my opinion is that they've voted on things that impacted the taxpayers and the receive "Earned Income Credit." to me that is unfair to those that work and pay taxes. I was extremely poor growing up and didn't have 10% of the freebies they have today.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind voting for a tax increase to acquire better qualified teachers but I don't trust the politicians to put the money where we want. Wasn't the lottery and horse racing supposed to have a "fix" for our schools?
I'll admit we do need a change in our schools if we want to be competitive in the world.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How can an increase in taxes be justified when the entire economy stinks and we are being hit with higher Healthcare costs while the subsidy for some go up? How's that hope and change thing doing now?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind voting for a tax increase to acquire better qualified teachers but I don't trust the politicians to put the money where we want. Wasn't the lottery and horse racing supposed to have a "fix" for our schools?
I'll admit we do need a change in our schools if we want to be competitive in the world.

779 mandates where the money will go and forbids taking money out the back end as has happened in the past.
On a related note. I watched the same ad twice last night opposing 779 that was an outright a lie. Vote the way you think best but get the facts first.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not comfortable giving them more money (especially with a constitutional amendment) and then hoping that they use it better than the money they already have to use.
THIS^
Education reform in this state is the only way to fix this issue. Why are we paying administrators for 500 some districts in a stae that has 77 counties? Seems a bit of dead wood is floating around and they all make 6 figure incomes. I'll be voting NO on the 22% sales tax hike!

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
779 mandates where the money will go and forbids taking money out the back end as has happened in the past.
On a related note. I watched the same ad twice last night opposing 779 that was an outright a lie. Vote the way you think best but get the facts first.

That's the problem. Less than 40% actually goes to teacher raises. Higher education gets 20% and the rest goes towards "common ed" whatever the hell that is. The legislature should've handled this mess but felt like they needed to kick the can down the road. I say we vote no and put it back in their laps. This is THEIR mess, I'm not paying more taxes to clean it up.

Okpanhandler

New to the site!
Reaction score
I also am outraged that OK funds higher ed with twice the dollars we fund K-12. Higher ed has a budget surplus in OK and K-12 is where we are struggling. Our total expenditures on education is about 39% but 25% of our total goes to higher ed. This is reversed compared to almost any other state. Most states fund education at approximately 35-40%, but with 25% going to K-12. We are spending the right amount of money, we just need to put it in K-12.

Latest posts

Top Bottom