Stoeger M3000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Functioned flawlessly at Sunday's 3-gun. The only hiccup was when a side saddle stopped ejection for two shots, but that's not the gun's fault.
So about 400 rounds in and nothing but happiness.
It also shot slugs like a champ.

Awesome. I have the 3500 and have never had a problem with light target loads.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
how do you know that Nova nuts fit ALL new M3000s?

Because i took a rush delivery of a batch of them that were built at the factory in turkey about 3-4 weeks ago and was told that those shotgun had all up to date revisions.
Of course, guns of all makes come from their respective factories all the time with things out of specification, which is why all companies have warranties and service depts, so its possible that something will come out wrong. No offense taken, Im just trying to add to current knowledge of the platform.

Ive only seen one or two of earliest m3k's and they fit nordic threads fine also. What I suspect may have been happening is that the stock mag tube tapers pretty sharply, and if an aftermarket tube and nut are tightened on a stoeger tube together as a unit, the end of the stock mag tube can bell out and bugger up the nut, and the aftermarket tube and increase the diameter of the end of the stock tube.
This is as far as I plan on going with the stoeger as far as trying to forensically recreate some issues. Im mostly just aware of this stuff because Ive done some work for, and am supporting guns as a favor for the Stoeger three gun team.
I would recommend dressing up the end of the stoeger factory tube end and polishing up the bevel at the end, regardless of what tube or nut you use. the follower can get hand up there and get stuck. Of course, if it runs and will always run 100%, then if it aint broke dont fix it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Because i took a rush delivery of a batch of them that were built at the factory in turkey about 3-4 weeks ago and was told that those shotgun had all up to date revisions.
Of course, guns of all makes come from their respective factories all the time with things out of specification, which is why all companies have warranties and service depts, so its possible that something will come out wrong. No offense taken, Im just trying to add to current knowledge of the platform.

Ive only seen one or two of earliest m3k's and they fit nordic threads fine also. What I suspect may have been happening is that the stock mag tube tapers pretty sharply, and if an aftermarket tube and nut are tightened on a stoeger tube together as a unit, the end of the stock mag tube can bell out and bugger up the nut, and the aftermarket tube and increase the diameter of the end of the stock tube.
This is as far as I plan on going with the stoeger as far as trying to forensically recreate some issues. Im mostly just aware of this stuff because Ive done some work for, and am supporting guns as a favor for the Stoeger three gun team.
I would recommend dressing up the end of the stoeger factory tube end and polishing up the bevel at the end, regardless of what tube or nut you use. the follower can get hand up there and get stuck. Of course, if it runs and will always run 100%, then if it aint broke dont fix it.

So as of now this is the current budget entry into 3-Gun Shotguns?

I shot a private Sporting Clays event at Silverleaf over your direction Friday and had a blast. Definitely want to get more into shotguns, as that's my biggest weakness if I was to get into 3-Gun right now.

And when I get one, I want something I can do it all with.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
yep; they are a wee bit crude compared to the top o the line three gun sg's, but all signs point to them being reliable which is the most important attribute.

Yeah, but for half the price I can deal with that for a while.

At some point I will get a Benelli. My wife wants one too, so that helps. But at this time, I can buy a M3000, soup it up, and get most of the rest of the gear for 3 Gun for just the entry price of a Benelli M2. Although I guess the M3000 probably compares closer to an M1 though.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but for half the price I can deal with that for a while.

At some point I will get a Benelli. My wife wants one too, so that helps. But at this time, I can buy a M3000, soup it up, and get most of the rest of the gear for 3 Gun for just the entry price of a Benelli M2. Although I guess the M3000 probably compares closer to an M1 though.

You might not want that Benelli. My action was smooth out of the box, but after some sanding on the mag tube, it is silky...
Oh, and though, these don't have the comfortTech, the inertia action is guided by the mag tube, not by a tube in the stock. This makes it pretty damn simple.
Even outfitted with 3-gun stuff, its still around half the price of a stock new M2 and several $100 cheaper than the buggy VersaMax. And it seems way more reliable than the JM Pro.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Gotcha...Tischauser is part of that team isn't he....I recall you are a machinist...

Latest posts

Top Bottom