Stolen guns---- help osa!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that someone can be condescending while being right.

My disagreement with his argument is that I consider a home to be adequately secure without further security inside locked doors and windows. Again, not ANTI-safe by any means

I guess that is where we part ways. I wouldn't consider a locked door and windows as adequate protection for firearms, or really much of anything. That relies on respect for private property to work, and I diont think we would have any safes at all if that were a universal truth.
It should be the case, but I havent seen it to be so.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess that is where we part ways. I wouldn't consider a locked door and windows as adequate protection for firearms, or really much of anything. That relies on respect for private property to work, and I diont think we would have any safes at all if that were a universal truth.

Well, look at what happened last week in where was it, Arizona? That 12 year old got his mom's unsecured firearm and went on a playground rampage.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If somebody gets killed with some of those guns he left laying around, I hope it comes back to haunt him. If they busted into his safe and took them, I'd be totally on his side. But he doesn't have a safe, and I'm not on his side.

Killed with the guns he left laying around? Really? So if someone steals your car and kills someone while driving it, do I hope it comes back to haunt YOU? He had a burglar alarm, turned ON. The thieves cut a hole in the ROOF and dropped in through the sheet rock ceiling. They left by removing the glass from the back door so they wouldn't trip the alarm. Get ready for your own KARMA.

And did I mention they took both of his safes?????

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listen, Torch Red, I'm sorry for that quip up there. It's like that here on this forum and a lot of times people forget their manners, and I certainly did. We go at each other pretty bad sometimes and I stand corrected.

I appreciate that. Done and done.

I will say that this conversation restarted my safe shopping. For me, my paranoia/extreme preparedness kicks in and I like having everything at the ready and handy. The idea of locking everything up to leave the house sounds exhausting. I agree that it would be safer though

Well, look at what happened last week in where was it, Arizona? That 12 year old got his mom's unsecured firearm and went on a playground rampage.

I wouldn't consider these "secure" using my previous definition. I don't see any excuse for not having a barrier between firearms and a child. As a bachelor, I leave mine spread out but I don't have any children or malevolent pets to worry about.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Killed with the guns he left laying around? Really? So if someone steals your car and kills someone while driving it, do hope it comes back to haunt YOU? He had a burglar alarm, turned ON. The thieves cut a hole in the ROOF and dropped in through the sheet rock ceiling. They left by removing the glass from the back door so they wouldn't trip the alarm. Get ready for your own KARMA.

And did I mention they took both of his safes?????

dang, what kind of alarm system was that? i thought interior motion sensors were pretty much standard.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listen, Torch Red, I'm sorry for that quip up there. It's like that here on this forum and a lot of times people forget their manners, and I certainly did. We go at each other pretty bad sometimes and I stand corrected.

I appreciate that. Done and done.

I will say that this conversation restarted my safe shopping. For me, my paranoia/extreme preparedness kicks in and I like having everything at the ready and handy. The idea of locking everything up to leave the house sounds exhausting. I agree that it would be safer though

I wouldn't consider these "secure" using my previous definition. I don't see any excuse for not having a barrier between firearms and a child. As a bachelor, I leave mine spread out but I don't have any children or malevolent pets to worry about.

This is what can be accomplished when we dont ignore each other.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if the pistols had been in the small safes that were stolen?

c'mon. what good is a safe if you can just pick it up and walk away with it. Well, other than a convenient receptacle to house the goodies. I get small fire safes, have used them in the past but just for paperwork I wanted to keep close and not be destroyed in a fire.

I know how this sounds, but please read my other posts before you pounce on me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom