Stoops is a class A *********

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, given Stoops track record, I think if he says the players didn't play up to their coaching, then the players didn't play up to their coaching. He's not one to dodge blame, but lays it squarely where it belongs. Having watched the game, I have to agree. The offensive line and the linebackers failed. The game plan was solid, and those guys let the team down.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
imgur.com_KRtBbgB.jpg

[Broken External Image]

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want to bring up Gundy? Fine, go for it. In his famous "I'm a man" speech, he derided a journalist for slamming one of his players who just had a horrible game and lost his starting position. He told the press "If you want to come after someone, come after me, I am full-grown adult who gets paid to coach, I can take the heat, don't go after a kid who is dealing with some hard stuff"

First let me say, it's kind of rough for OU Alumni that live in Stillwater, "technically I'm a few miles north of the city". My Wife and her Dad are OSU both grads to make things even more fun. I will say this... Gundy's I'm a man speech made me have quite a bit more respect for him. Sure it was kind of over the top but he went to bat for one of his players, we should all be so lucky to have someone stick up for us like that!

Last edited:

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody's bringing up Gundy LOL. Lighten up francis. I WILL say that the OSU alum were calling for his head previous to the gimme bedlam win last year. To me, that's just a dumb decision, because OSU will go back to being a stepping stone for coaches if he leaves.

Soonerfan did- "Be happy your team has a great coach (who was an alternate choice) and is still undefeated. Don't let the inferiority complex ruin your ability to just enjoy your team's success.", specifically the "alternate choice" part.

I don't like OU, that much is clear, however, I would and have said the same thing about other coaches that throw their players under the bus. I am a Gundy fan, I don't want him to ever leave. Yurcich can hit the highway, but that is another story.

I just think Stoops is a tool. Charitable donations, blah blah blah, I prefer to measure a man by how he treats actual people on their bad days. He has let players get away with stuff they should not have. Winning is more important to him than anything, and I think that is pretty crappy.

And as a life-long Cowboy, I take a few potshots when I see the opportunity. The gooners that ridiculed me for being an OSU fan as a kid ensured that my hatred for OU was strong.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a stoops fan but I have to agree the team played like they were the Midwest City bombers, not OK University. Not sure he should have said what he did but he is clearly frustrated with the lack of talent he's dealing with in a few key positions. The UT running back rolled out left every run play yet we seemed to never know where he was going? lol.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure he should have said what he did but he is clearly frustrated with the lack of talent he's dealing with in a few key positions. The UT running back rolled out left every run play yet we seemed to never know where he was going? lol.

And who is responsible for recruiting that "lack of talent".?

IMO, Stoops is doing the same thing at OU that Mack Brown did at Texas. He's complacent, enjoying his 5+ mil per year and putting everything on cruise control. It's amazing how much better he coached when he was only making 1 mil or less per year.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
And who is responsible for recruiting that "lack of talent".?

Stoops is doing the same thing at OU that Mack Brown did at Texas. He's complacent, enjoying his 5+ mil per year and putting everything on cruise control. It's amazing how much better he coached when he was only making 1 mil or less per year.
Oh I agree, just didnt want to jump on the hatin stoops bandwagon...this time. lol

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soonerfan did- "Be happy your team has a great coach (who was an alternate choice) and is still undefeated. Don't let the inferiority complex ruin your ability to just enjoy your team's success.", specifically the "alternate choice" part.

I don't like OU, that much is clear, however, I would and have said the same thing about other coaches that throw their players under the bus. I am a Gundy fan, I don't want him to ever leave. Yurcich can hit the highway, but that is another story.

I just think Stoops is a tool. Charitable donations, blah blah blah, I prefer to measure a man by how he treats actual people on their bad days. He has let players get away with stuff they should not have. Winning is more important to him than anything, and I think that is pretty crappy.

And as a life-long Cowboy, I take a few potshots when I see the opportunity. The gooners that ridiculed me for being an OSU fan as a kid ensured that my hatred for OU was strong.

I've never doubted you were bitter and I think we understand your opinion. Now on your bad days comment, I've personally seen him extend all sorts of kindness to players and those around him. For every guy he's let stay.... he's thrown off several. I can use examples but I don't think facts will let you get in the way of your grudge.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, the butt hurt flowing from the gooner nation. You just can't admit that what he said was a sorry move? You take the heat, you don't make excuses, you don't drop it on the players. He took zero responsibility. He is the coach, he has to COACH the players up, make sure they are prepared. Part of your almost 5 million dollar per year paycheck is that you take the heat so your players know you have their backs.

You want to bring up Gundy? Fine, go for it. In his famous "I'm a man" speech, he derided a journalist for slamming one of his players who just had a horrible game and lost his starting position. He told the press "If you want to come after someone, come after me, I am full-grown adult who gets paid to coach, I can take the heat, don't go after a kid who is dealing with some hard stuff".

Which coach do you respect more? The guy that throws you under the bus or the guy that jumps in front of it? There is no defense of Stoops' words, he is a classless a-hole. The players respect Gundy and the media hates him because he takes them on when they disrespect his players.

He sure did a great job jumping in front of the bus.....http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3341578

Latest posts

Top Bottom