Store or internet???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Online or local?

• Total voters

orangevale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been in Oklahoma eleven years, no firearms purchases yet from a local dealer. Most firearm purchases have been on-line auctions. Made some mistakes (National Ordinance 03A3), made some finds (Marlin 336T .44 Mag, Stevens Mod. 22-410), got a steal once and awhile (.35 Whelen M-98 Mauser Sporter).

On-line condition descriptions are almost never 100% correct, usually some minor deviation (cracked grip panel here, missing screw there), I’ve never sent one back, just not worth the trouble.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All you got to do is match and I will buy local. Usually the shop ego wont allow that tho.
That's an excellent answer. I really appreciate all the opinions, I'm developing a business plan. I've always had a strong passion for firearms, and want to share it with others. I obviously want to succeed financially BUT, I don't want to go through with it unless I can make a difference. Just being a run at the mill store with no connection to my "customers" is exactly what I dont want. I'm looking to find everyway possible to be the best and grow. Once again..thanks for all the input. Keep it coming, I'm writing it ALL down in my book. Feel free to PM me anytime if anyone feels they want to tell me exactly what they personally want out of an local arms dealer.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can not match internet prices unless you have mad capitol to buy firearms buy the hundreds at a time. People need to realize this and patronize a local shop. Is it really work the $30 difference?

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely local. I'm from a smaller town and will even pay a little extra within reason, because I want to support the guy. If I order on line and have a problem, I'm usually out in shipping in whatever I saved, plus my time.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done a healthy mixture of local shops, an OSA member, and an online dealer. The latter were the more cost effective of my options though.

1911Nut

Marksman
Reaction score
Online or from a private seller. Dealers and Guns stores are a rip off. Half the time they have ZERO knowledge of the firearms they are selling either. The only dealer I will buy a gun from is Sooner State Pawn. Great prices, great guys, very knowledgeable too!

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Local for sure! I will buy used off OSA or Armslist if I can since I don't like paperwork. But new or used from Sooner State, Outdoor America, or Big Boys since these three have the best prices. I'm not against H&H or others it's just that they usually are not as competitively priced.

this for me ^^^^

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do you usually buy your firearms and/or gear?
From a local or online dealers/auctions?

Also, what do you like or dislike about these businesses? (Local or online) No business names please.

*If you shop both, you may vote for both*

I buy gear, scopes, reloading supplies and occasionally ammo off the internet. Guns are bought from a local store or ordered by a local store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom