Stupid, petty, vain, greedy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your GF is realizing how insecure a job really is. It's a reality the rest of us in the private sector face on a daily basis. No tears shed here.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You/We/I come up with those 535 people, and actually a lot more than that, because they are people that are building a political career, over many years, instead of another 535, etc. that truly want to serve and help the nation. It takes so much money and outside influence to get elected, that the 535 are beholding to everyone except who they promise to be. It's all a game about getting elected, re-elected, satisfying the lobby, etc. that the nation never really gets served. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but the majority are just advancing their career and thinking their career is what is best for the nation.

I actually do think that term limits is all that is going to save us from the professional politicians.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You/We/I come up with those 535 people, and actually a lot more than that, because they are people that are building a political career, over many years, instead of another 535, etc. that truly want to serve and help the nation. It takes so much money and outside influence to get elected, that the 535 are beholding to everyone except who they promise to be. It's all a game about getting elected, re-elected, satisfying the lobby, etc. that the nation never really gets served. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but the majority are just advancing their career and thinking their career is what is best for the nation. I actually do think that term limits is all that is going to save us from the professional politicians.

We have term limits, they're called elections.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is a negative, ft reno ghost tour may not occur unless govt gets it ass back to work. my wife is going to be pissed if we don't get to go to the ghost tour this month!!! Fing tea party bstrds. at least when it was just two sided the reps and dems they at least could somewhat work together to get something done, now with the reps being split with a bunch of hard asses, well no **** gets done.

I'm not a Tea Partier, but I'll be damned if they aren't the only representatives with the balls to tell Obama and the Dems that the tax paying citizens do not want this cluster **** they call obamacare.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can bet your sweet a** that the NSA isn't shut down - they've got just enough to pay aholes to read your email, listen to your cell and landline conversations, and monitor "domestic threats" like these websites. It's the non-essential stuff that's shut down.

Actually, most functions are down.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fing tea party bstrds. at least when it was just two sided the reps and dems they at least could somewhat work together to get something done, now with the reps being split with a bunch of hard asses, well no **** gets done.

If you think this is the t party's fault you are out of your flaming mind.

This president and the democrats in congress conspired and passed the largest economic take over in history with no republicans being any part of it.

This is not governance. What the president is doing is criminal. The majority of Americans do not want Obamacare. And if we have to shut down this ever growing bureaucratic nightmare we call government, then so be it.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to agree, but in reality it's the money and lobby influence that gets people elected. Until that run away train hits the end of the track it never stops.

I can't blame them for taking advantage of our apathy and lack of individualism. That's on us, not them.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think this is the t party's fault you are out of your flaming mind.

This president and the democrats in congress conspired and passed the largest economic take over in history with no republicans being any part of it.

This is not governance. What the president is doing is criminal. The majority of Americans do not want Obamacare. And if we have to shut down this ever growing bureaucratic nightmare we call government, then so be it.

+1 :clap3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom