Subsonic 115gr 9mm???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Post your results if it works and it's stable enough to shoot through your can. I know a lot of people that would like the load data so they don't have to use 147's.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Rusty if your not bound to Titegroup my Hornady 7th Edition has 11 different powders with loads starting at 1000fps (all of them).

Some common powders:

Bullseye: 3.9
Win 231: 4.1
Power Pistol: 4.8
HS-6: 5.7

No loads for Titegroup at all though...:scratch:

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your AR should cycle really light loads too rusty. Mine will lock the bolt back like a champ on loads that make my XD puke.

What are your thoughts on the bullet stability issue that Josh-L pointed out earlier. I'm asking because I haven't done anything that ever brought up this issue before. I really do appreciate all of the help.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the bullet stability issue that Josh-L pointed out earlier. I'm asking because I haven't done anything that ever brought up this issue before. I really do appreciate all of the help.

I wouldn't worry about stability unless you go heavier. You are sending a shorter bullet at the same velocity as a longer 147. It should stabilize fine if your rifle will stablize the longer heavier bullets. I worry more about stability on longer bullets than shorter.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about stability unless you go heavier. You are sending a shorter bullet at the same velocity as a longer 147. It should stabilize fine if your rifle will stablize the longer heavier bullets. I worry more about stability on longer bullets than shorter.

The 147's and 124's have all worked perfectly at low velocity... hopefully the 115's will work as well.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This theory. Big +1. It's the length of the longer bullets that cause problems and need faster twist.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 147's and 124's have all worked perfectly at low velocity... hopefully the 115's will work as well.

You won't have any problems with the 115s unless you drive them REALLY slow. I wouldn't feel worried about any 9mm bullets from 95 to 158 grains with a 10 twist barrel. The 147s may be touchy if you have a 15 twist like the ones model 1 sells.

I'm 99% sure my TROS is a 10 twist. I'll always shoot my new loads to make sure they are stable, but I've never worried about them. Just cautious with my silencer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom