Suggestions for high-end shooting glasses?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MauserJoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm trying to get some suggestions for high-quality shooting glasses, both prescription and non-prescription. Any ideas about the brands that are used by active-duty military snipers and/or law enforcement shooters? Input will be appreciated much.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have tried wiley x, smith optics, and several of the cheaper eye pro, but i always end up back with oakley.
The lenses are just a cut above the rest imo.

I have been wearing the SI ballistic m frame 2.0 for awhile now for and the rest sit on a shelf or are given away.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could always get yourself some ray ban shooter glasses.....

www.sunglassesid.com_sites_default_files_upload_sighting_Ray_Ban_3138_Johnny_Depp.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried wiley x, smith optics, and several of the cheaper eye pro, but i always end up back with oakley.
The lenses are just a cut above the rest imo.

I have been wearing the SI ballistic m frame 2.0 for awhile now for and the rest sit on a shelf or are given away.

Ditto. I have some Wiley Xs...but I always go back to an old pair of issue Oakleys. Even beat up, the lenses are better than the Wiley's for me.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like most of the top shooters these days are wearing Rudy Project. I'm not sure if it's due to superiority or market segment penetration.

I had my monovision Rx pistol shooting glasses made with a set of titanium frames I found at the optometrist's office. I have no idea what brand they are, but the lenses were custom ground and have all the HSLD coatings and are transition lenses to boot. They've been excellent for my needs to date and I've had them for 5-6 years.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rudy's are very nice, but at $360 are out of my range. I went with a pair of Oakley Half Jacket 2.0's with the Red Iridium polarized lenses. This is the first non gas station pair of sunglasses I've ever owned. I have been missing a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom