Suggestions Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Browning Buckmark or S&W Victory.

Nearly every Ruger MK or 22/45 that I've been around seem to have random reliability issues and their magazines tend to be the culprit.

If you can stand loading the magazines, a CZ Kadet kit mounted to a 75 frame are the cats meow for anything under $1k.

maglula for 22, i have one, works great.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came home with the Taurus TX22 today and just came in from shooting.. Color me impressed.. I picked it up at Atwoods at lunch and let the 4 other gun fans in the shop play with it and, A glock fanboy says I wish glock could put this trigger in.. I Know the rep of Taurus But I'd recommend going to atwoods and feeling one.. 16 rds to a mag and striker fired.. I ran 6 mags and it runs like a charm, a bit low but that's an easy fix..

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came home with the Taurus TX22 today and just came in from shooting.. Color me impressed.. I picked it up at Atwoods at lunch and let the 4 other gun fans in the shop play with it and, A glock fanboy says I wish glock could put this trigger in.. I Know the rep of Taurus But I'd recommend going to atwoods and feeling one.. 16 rds to a mag and striker fired.. I ran 6 mags and it runs like a charm, a bit low but that's an easy fix..
Are you saying Atwoods will let you dry fire to feel the trigger?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know my thoughts on this; I like the lightweight S&W M&P Compact .22 I traded off a while back so much that I bought another one. It is the most reliable, light, easy to clean, eats pretty much anything .22 pistol made IMO. It's light weight, minute-of-paper-plate-accurate, and as reliable as a rimfire pistol can be, above all else. And its light. It's a similar design, operation and feel and thus an easy step up to a M&P Shield EZ in .380 ACP or M&P Compact in 9mm too, but it's lighter, if she decides to move up to a bigger caliber. It is the only .22 [pistol (of the ones I had before that boat thing happened) that I really trust as an "apron gun" (and it's real light so it don't pull her apron down), for the wife to have while she's in there making me a sammich. Or vacuuming, or laundry-in' or moppin' or them other wimmin-things they do while I play on OSA and fiddle with my guns and sneak sniffs off the Hoppes #9 bottle.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That particular M&P is currently in the hands of the lady mentioned in the OP. I loaned it to my friend last night so they could have that experience. Told them that one was my suggestion, but they needed to check out the others also before they made a purchase.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own the Ruger SR-22 and it's a fine performing pistol,,,
Very reliable and more accuracy than I can utilize,,,
I want to own the 5" version as well.

One other fine .22 pistol that hasn't been mentioned is the Bersa Thunder 22,,,
I've owned mine now for over eight years and I still enjoy shooting it,,,
Again, very reliable and more accuracy than I can utilize.

My range buddy has one of these and I like it well enough,,,
But it's not in any way a better pistol than the SR-22.

My only complaint about the M&P Compact .22 is it's action,,,
I'm a fan of DA/SA action with external hammer,,,
This is a SA with enclosed hammer,,,
My least favorite action type.

Aarond

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an SR-22 and it shot everything I threw at it. Used it for some steel challenge matches and it was accurate enough. Still ended up getting a Mark III 22/45 though and started seeing better times as it was just slightly more accurate. It also eats everything I throw at it.

Never had issue with the 22/45 mags though I did do some tuning on them.

Aas well as do the +1 mod on them because why not have 11 when the rest of them have 10...

Oh and the bushing change so it will fire when a mag is removed which makes it a lot nicer for takedowns and the LCI removal was done by just removing the pin then taking out the spring and finger that rides against the bullet case then putting it back together.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom