Sunday holster project...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys....

Larry, I specifically didn't dye the back for that reason. Hopefully I won't ruin any clothes from it...thanks for the suggestion about leather findings, I'll check into it...

I put some other pics up in the photo section. It has the 3 we made on Monday also, including a left hand one, and a little smaller one for a Kahr...

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys....

Larry, I specifically didn't dye the back for that reason. Hopefully I won't ruin any clothes from it...thanks for the suggestion about leather findings, I'll check into it...

I put some other pics up in the photo section. It has the 3 we made on Monday also, including a left hand one, and a little smaller one for a Kahr...

Just dying the area you did will still put dye on your clothes. Leather acts like a sponge and will draw moisture away from your body through the leather, releasing the black onto your clothes.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just dying the area you did will still put dye on your clothes. Leather acts like a sponge and will draw moisture away from your body through the leather, releasing the black onto your clothes.

I semi agree....but have a question then...My Crossbreed was dyed black on the front and natural on the back. How do they keep it from bleeding out? Is there a way to seal it?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I semi agree....but have a question then...My Crossbreed was dyed black on the front and natural on the back. How do they keep it from bleeding out? Is there a way to seal it?

There should be a way to seal the leather. I would talk to someone at Tandy Leather and see what they suggest. The employees at Tandy Leather always seem friendly.

landontc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since there's some question surrounding the legality of selling this, would you mind pointing me toward where you purchased the materials? Were you able to find them locally or did you buy online?

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since there's some question surrounding the legality of selling this, would you mind pointing me toward where you purchased the materials? Were you able to find them locally or did you buy online?

I dont think the patent applies to this design. If you click that link I posted, it shows a completely different design, with no leather involved...

Plus I found another holster company that makes this style holster too. Its called "The Answer Holster" made by Tucker Gunleather, its $125. If MTAC had a patent, I'm sure this company wouldn't be making them too..

None the less, I did find everything locally. I went to Tandy for the leather supplies and clips, and try some of the local plastics distributors for the Kydex. If you dont want a full sheet, ask if they have any remnants...

clk1019

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus I found another holster company that makes this style holster too. Its called "The Answer Holster" made by Tucker Gunleather, its $125. If MTAC had a patent, I'm sure this company wouldn't be making them too..

I have one of the Tucker "The Answer Holster" designs. Love it! Yours look real nice, if you decide to make them to sell I'll get in line for 2 at least over the next few months. I would much prefer my cash go to someone local.

CK

Latest posts

Top Bottom