Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/30/supreme-court-hobby-lobby/

"The Supreme Court ruled Monday that certain "closely held" for-profit businesses can cite religious objections in order to opt out of a requirement in ObamaCare to provide free contraceptive coverage for their employees.

The 5-4 decision was one of two final rulings to come down on Monday, as the justices wrapped up their work for the session. The other reined in the ability of unions to collect dues from home health care workers."

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
good! Im on Hobby lobby side but I wonder if this will open a new can of worms. Similar to That group wanting a satan statue at our capitol because the Ten Commandments was there.

oops im retarded.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of scary that it went 5-4 IMO, it SHOULD be pretty cut and dry and that's coming from a "satanic" agnostic.

sorry I was going pretty quick on that but yall get my point right?

I believe I do, the lack of logic comment remains.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of scary that it went 5-4 IMO, it SHOULD be pretty cut and dry and that's coming from a "satanic" agnostic.

I believe I do, the lack of logic comment remains.

My logic is that this decision should, and rightfully so, allow for all religious arguments to be made whether you are christian, Catholic, Jewish, muslim whatever. If we allow one we must allow all. By can of worms I meant that there may be time where we are talking here about a religious issue that seems nuts to us but it carries the same protections as we have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom