Surefire 6px?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a SF G2 and used to have a SF G2L. I have always been impressed with the company. The other day I looked at the 6Px and the other one that has the dual brightness level. I was very impressed with what I saw. I have been wanting to add a light in a QD mount to the AR and the dual mode seems to be the winner thus far since it has the capability for bright outside, and soft for inside.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a SF G2 and used to have a SF G2L. I have always been impressed with the company. The other day I looked at the 6Px and the other one that has the dual brightness level. I was very impressed with what I saw. I have been wanting to add a light in a QD mount to the AR and the dual mode seems to be the winner thus far since it has the capability for bright outside, and soft for inside.

I don't think that these lights are rated/recommended for weapon lights.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever I get the funds (I'm as broke as The 10 Commandments right now! :cry3:) I'll buy one - the Tactical model. I don't care for the 2 stage switch that the Pro model offers. If it worked like my beloved Surefire LX2 - press lightly for low beam, harder for high beam - I would get one. But with the 6PX/G2X Pro, you press it once for low beam, release, then press again within a couple of seconds for the high beam.

I recently sold my Surefire Z2X which is basically the same light as the 6PX Tactical...it just has the Combat Light body.

I consider the 200 lumen LED that Surefire uses in the 6PX/G2X series the best ever. Surefire finally got it right! :woohoo1:

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the 6px Pro. The low output mode is handy when you don't need 200 lumens.

I used to buy the mini-mag lites and keep them in various places. LA Police Gear had a sale on the Surefire 6px Pro lights, so I bought a couple. I cant believe how much light I have in my hand from such a small flashlight. I carry one anytime I go running or walking when it still dark. I keep one in my truck and slip it into my pocket anytime I am in bricktown at night. Flashing 200 lumens into the eyes of the panhandlers is less violent than pepper spray, but sends a similar message.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 4sevens lineup? you get more bang for your buck then with a surefire. Don't get me wrong, surefire makes a great light. But 4sevens flashlights are extremely hard to beat as far as features/cost. I would pit my 4sevens against any surefire (even the ones I own) and it would win as far as a handheld flashlight is concerned. Just another option.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Which model 4sevens compares with the Surefire 6px and which 4seven compares with the SF LX2?
What are the price differences, warranty differences, shock rated, size differences, output differences, run time comparisons, size differences, switch differences and anything else you can think of that is relavent?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which model 4sevens compares with the Surefire 6px and which 4seven compares with the SF LX2?
What are the price differences, warranty differences, shock rated, size differences, output differences, run time comparisons, size differences, switch differences and anything else you can think of that is relavent?

It would be hard to beat the Surefire 6PX and LX2. I have both (G2X and LX2) and I'm here to tell ya, they are all the light a person needs. If you need more than 200 lumens of LED, you might wanna learn how to read braille.

Just sayin'. :ugh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom