Surefire 6px?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It would be hard to beat the Surefire 6PX and LX2. I have both (G2X and LX2) and I'm here to tell ya, they are all the light a person needs. If you need more than 200 lumens of LED, you might wanna learn how to read braille.

Just sayin'. :ugh2:
I totally got you. I just keep hearing about the 4 sevens and haven't found anything that compares to the parameters that I put up in my earlier post. I have about 8 or more surefires myself and totally got away from other lights because of the "lack of sack" from the other light makers.
Granted, i haven't bought a Surefire in a couple years so i don't know a lot about their new stuff, but the old stuff has never failed me.
I'm just wondering about the 4seven comparisons.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally got you. I just keep hearing about the 4 sevens and haven't found anything that compares to the parameters that I put up in my earlier post. I have about 8 or more surefires myself and totally got away from other lights because of the "lack of sack" from the other light makers.
Granted, i haven't bought a Surefire in a couple years so i don't know a lot about their new stuff, but the old stuff has never failed me.
I'm just wondering about the 4seven comparisons.

Yeah, I was just backin' you up bro. I wanna hear more about these 4sevens lights too.

I've tried Pelican and Streamlight and while they are both good lights, they just ain't Surefires. :disappoin

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is some info on the 4sevns flashlight that I own. There is a video 3/4 of the way down on the right that shows it's features as well.

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297&products_id=1916

Also, here are some vids on the 4sevens light:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONEHHv2hvbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTdfBLClX8g&feature=watch_response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czUxszAf-JU

For a weapon mounted light, I would want to keep it simple (on/off function only). I typically have a surefire of some sort for this. But for a handheld light, I really like the 4sevens lineup (especially the quark). It has a lot of useful features and is a very rugged flashlight.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard really good things about 4sevens, and everyone knows what they are getting when they buy a surefire. For a edc pocket light I think one of the 4sevens quark mini123 lights would probably be the way to go, but if you are looking for a weapon light or something specifically for self defense a simple on/off surefire is probably the way to go.

I have an eagletac p100c2 that I really like. I think they run about $40 bucks, but I picked one up used for $25 off the candlepowerforums.com. it's a two stage light. I think 55 lumens and 185 max lumens. It's simple though. It's got a forward clicky on/off switch and to change the brightness you turn the bezel about a 1/4 turn.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 4 Surefires (G2, 6P, C2, and E2E) and 4 4Sevens (Quark 123^2, Mini-123, Mini-AA2, and Preon II).

The Surefires have a better "feel" to them in my opinion. My 6P and C2 both have aftermarket LED drop ins that are multi-mode and very bright. They are amazing lights.

The 4Sevens lights have never failed me, and are easier to carry on my person. Generally they are the lights that I have with me on a daily basis.

Police/Fire/Military etc. may have different needs than me.

dcpd381

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use my 6px pro daily and thinkin bout buying another. I will say the dual mode is nice.... If u get the tactical and run the 200 lumen a lot u better invest in batteries......

Latest posts

Top Bottom